How to get emoticons into body of a post?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
OK, guys, I've tried and failed so many times that I'm now ready to eat a bit of crow and admit I don't know how to get the emoticons into the body of a post. All I can find is the emoticons to go with the title.

I've checked what I can (being a computer dummy, I don't know anything about programming), and the only thing I can see is that on the "posting rules" at the lower left corner sometimes it says the HTML code is off. Right now it says it is on, but in all truthfulness I wouldn't know what that means--I just tried to put an emoticon into the body of this message and it ended up at the title again.

Please offer suggestions as to what I may be missing.

Thanks!!

Doug

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Are you able to see them on the Reply Editor (Right side)? If not you might have your options set differently then needed. From the User CP on the main menu bar (or link below) look for the user options section and at the bottom they have several editor choices, see if it is in the ENHANCED INTERFACE - WYSIWIG mode

User CP

Also another option in tells about visible post elements and that might also be a problem.

You can get them in a couple of ways, one is by clicking on them in the editor (if you have the enhanced one selected), you can also just type the secret (well not too secret) codes that make them up...

For Example

: ) - Smile :)
: (- Frown :(

One other style is like this :NAME: -
: confused : - Confused :confused:
: bash : - bash :bash:

The first part of the examples I put a space between the first and last parts as they would magically turn into a smilie if I didn't. Give it a try and preview your message and the magic will happen!

If you need more help, please give a holler ;)

Sandy

Back