Firefox 2.0

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron / Firefox 2.0 Users

Anyone having trouble with the WYSWIG editor in Firefox 2.0? Otherthings seems to work fine except for not being able to use the editor for doing post (this is done with IE6).

Sandy

Ron Earp

Admin
Hmmmm, I'll have to check with Al. My Firefox is 1.5 and I don't like to let Firefox upgrade anymore because it always loses my 12 windows I have tabbed to open automatically and makes my blood boil.

Ron

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Also the email notify's seem to not be working. I'll check my setting again, but I have not seen them for a week or so now.

I'll try the Firefox 2.0 update on another machine. I have had some reports of issues with Javascript in 2.0 and I'm guessing that the WYSIWIG editor relies heavily on it.

Sandy

P.S. I just noticed that I just sent this via FF2.0, so not sure what was glitchy about it, seems to be working ok now. I'll still update another machine and give it a try.

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Mail is working fine, at least what I can check. I get PM email alerts all the time. Problem I don't know is what happens to email from the server to various firewalls of ISPs, spam killers, etc.

Anyone else having email troubles? If you are running a spam killer, firewall, email junk filter etc. then issues are probably related to those. I had to turn off the registration email check because 1 in 4 would miss the email, lose it, or never get it and I got tired of adding them by hand.

Ron

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I check my Spam folder (yahoo) and see if they are popping into them. One very nice thing about the FF2.0 is that it does have a simple speller that does not require me to install a tool bar (like Googles). It seems to be working just fine not, might have been something in FF2.0 that is not quite stable.

Now all I have to do is remember to do the spell check before I send messages :)

Sandy

Not Firefox related directly but maybe it'll help narrow things down for someone else:-
Troubles I've had recently include the WYSIWYG editor losing carriage returns and my posts not being listed as "last posts", both with IE6.
For the first problem I've just gone back to the basic editor.

Tim.

Back