Embedded photos will not present

I seem to have a problem in which I can not seem to view the photos attached to certain posts. Some threads photos all download, but on others, I just get a small window that says "attached images". Can anyone help.

Yes - I did review that post. I actually completely disabled my McAfee firewall and a/v and it still does not work.

Certain posts like Bill D's RCR 010 build shows the files being downloaded from the server and that post always presents all the photos, but other posts do not show the same response. I get some of the photos, or none, and sometimes after repeated refreshes of the page, some photos will appear.

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for bringing that one up Ben. About all I know about the problem, and I'm not being unhelpful here, is that it is not a forum/server issue. It is definitely tied up in browser, firewall, router setup on the receiving end. I wish I could help out on this issue but last time it came up nothing I did seemed to do the trick.

Ron

Off the top of my head -
Maybe you're blocking meta redirects in Firefox - or similar?
If it's IE have a fiddle in "security settings" and "advanced" under Internet options.
Maybe an ad' blocker of some sort within your browser/toolbar/other software?
I have had a problem with a router once, it was blocking some images from ebay for no apparent reason, I replaced it in the end.
Some software firewalls are not truly disabled even when they're "disabled" (just like the traction control in a Porsche I test drove recently, traction control off - but not really... most annoying!).
Maybe a long shot but over-enthusiastic ISPs can "blacklist" addresses, may be worth checking as a last resort.

Tim.

Last edited:
Back