tornado transaxle

Graham

Suggest you call Andy Sheldon at Tornado for the latest...but last I saw,
their standard adapters were for the Renault tranny....with the Audi 01E
6-speed as an (expensive) option. The Audi 016 5-speed is not as
nice.....but a HECK of a lot cheaper. The Ford/016 adapter is sold
by Kennedy Engineered Products and some other folks.
The 01E takes a different adapter. Good luck.

MikeD

Graham,
I think the Tornado is configured for the Renault. I have a GTD, which was designed for the Renault, but I am putting an Audi 01X 6 speed in mine. The box is out of an A4, and so far the Kennedy 016 adaptor plate is fitting. I still have to confirm with the flywheel, clutch and starter. My box only cost £200 and is pretty new. Mail me if you want pictures.

Brett

RUFAZZ said:
Brett,

How hard is it to find the 01E over there?
I have been looking here and only finding quattro trans.

This is a subject that has always been up afor a LOT iof discussion. You can find 01Esw over here, but Bentley Publishers list 01E as a Quattro. I have an 01X, which is the two wheel version. They come up on eBay over here all the time. I got mine for £200 and according to my mate who is stripping it, it looks like it only has a few thousand on it.

Brett

brettmcc said:
This is a subject that has always been up afor a LOT iof discussion. You can find 01Esw over here, but Bentley Publishers list 01E as a Quattro. I have an 01X, which is the two wheel version. They come up on eBay over here all the time. I got mine for £200 and according to my mate who is stripping it, it looks like it only has a few thousand on it.

Brett

Do you have pics? Isnt the 01X diffrent from the 01E???

One side

Attachments

• nearside_01X.jpg
    nearside_01X.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 592
  • offside_01X.jpg
    offside_01X.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 537
  • front1_01X.jpg
    front1_01X.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 557
Back