D&d Ttr Chassis N#002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finaly we have something to show you,we have been developping and improving our gt40 chassis and suspension for the last year.Here is a pick of our pin drive setup and rear suspension.
Thanks,
We will keep you up to date...

Attachments

• pindrive 010-1.JPG
    pindrive 010-1.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 1,330
  • rear susp 011-1.JPG
    rear susp 011-1.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,465
  • gt40 body.JPG
    gt40 body.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,419
Last edited:
Thanks Bill for your comment,

We did a lot of ajustement to fit a big guy like me in it (6.3" and 260lbs) take a look at the pic.I am sitting in the car and i have plenty of room.

Attachments

• rear susp 015-1.JPG
    rear susp 015-1.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,395
We try our best to keep the body 100% correct, so all the ducts are fuctional. The twin ducts of the back section are split like the original.
As in the picture.
Thanks,

Attachments

• side duck.JPG
    side duck.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,200

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Don, looks like some nice work. Where are you guys located? When do you think you will start production etc.? Is that a Bill Hough body? Thanks

Gregg said:
Don, looks like some nice work. Where are you guys located? When do you think you will start production etc.? Is that a Bill Hough body? Thanks

This is Mike from Turn Ten Racing, Inc. We are the U.S. distributor for D&D Cobra. They are located in Quebec, Canada. Production has already started and the first two space framed rollers are under construction. Don has made a wonderful frame that has ample cockpit room and a lot of suspension adjustment while keeping the acurate look of the original car. The body is made by Bill Hough and very detailed and true to the original. We have been very happy with the qaulity as well. We will be updating our site as the build continues (Turn Ten Racing, Inc. - Classic Replicars (Kits & Replicas) TTR/EVO, TTR/FIA, TTR/40) and Don will continue posting build pictures here. Let me know if I can be any help. I will try to respond along with Don if time permits.

:D

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

I KNEW those seat shells looked familiar. keep up the great work guys, I can't wait to see the finished products.

Hi Bill,

All the ducts are functional, vent the front clip has functional fresh air inlet and also front brake air ducts.
Thanks,

Attachments

• fresh air.JPG
    fresh air.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very impressive indeed - please keep the pictures and information coming!

One questions for you. In the second picture you posted that shows the rear suspension, is that upper link attached in single shear on both ends? It appears the inner definitely is but can't tell on the outer. Any reason you didn't use double shear mounts?

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
You're right of course Scott, but look at the construction. That is super heavy duty with a massive heim joint too! Top links are generally relatively lightly loaded and I doubt that single shear in this case is any cause for concern. I can't imagine either the bolts or the brackets being subject to undue flex. IMHO

Mind you the car is still a work in progress, there could yet be a tie bar destined for that mount. Nothing like a bit of overkill! For my mind I would like to see a wee bit more triangulation in the chassis but that too is massive so may not be required, particularly as there is no doubt going to be panels bonded and rivetted to the sides and bottom.

Looks like it will be a very nice car when it's finished. Keep up the good work Don. Looking good.

Cheers

Don,
Looking good!! How many bodies do I have to make for you to trade for Chassis?
I'm real happy to supply bodies to these guys, they seem to know what they are doing and working hard to make a safe and quality product. The bodies I make are exactly like the originals. I cast my moulds off original body panels, inner panel and all brake ducts are there and installed. They are hand lay-up polyester / chopped strand mat fiberglass, same weight as the originals, not a heavy weight chopper gun lay-up. I make the MKIIA and B , the LOLA T70 MKIIB body and a Mercedes 540K Special Roadster body. I'm also making a Le Mans Prototype body for a company in Canada. Look for that this summer!

FRPGUY said:
Don,
Looking good!! How many bodies do I have to make for you to trade for Chassis?
I'm real happy to supply bodies to these guys, they seem to know what they are doing and working hard to make a safe and quality product. The bodies I make are exactly like the originals. I cast my moulds off original body panels, inner panel and all brake ducts are there and installed. They are hand lay-up polyester / chopped strand mat fiberglass, same weight as the originals, not a heavy weight chopper gun lay-up. I make the MKIIA and B , the LOLA T70 MKIIB body and a Mercedes 540K Special Roadster body. I'm also making a Le Mans Prototype body for a company in Canada. Look for that this summer!

Hi Bill!,
Great to see you post on this thread. We will have more work for you soon, some real interesting stuff. Don't know about the trade, talk to Don ;) .

The tube chassis Don is constructing is definitely solid. He uses only the best parts for his cars and I think you guys will be impressed with the final product. Keep in mind the pictures reflect a build in progress.

This is our roll cage made with 1.5" 1020 dom steel. It gives excellent protection and rigidity to our GT40.

Attachments

• ROLL BAR.JPG
    ROLL BAR.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,099
  • roll bar 2.JPG
    roll bar 2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,091
Russ I agree that the parts are beefy but it appears that the lower link and forward links are all double shear, why not the upper?
The frame and rollbar look to be pretty strong. The body looks good and nice to see the ducting is all functional.

xlr8or said:
Russ I agree that the parts are beefy but it appears that the lower link and forward links are all double shear, why not the upper?
The frame and rollbar look to be pretty strong. The body looks good and nice to see the ducting is all functional.

Hi Guys,
The rear suspension was designed to follow the layout of the original for the most part. With a steel upright and the current geometry we believe this is the best combination and a second arm is not needed. Don will be posting another picture of the rear suspension and the specs for the rod ends and upright cross bolt. I believe ERA and others uses this type of set-up as well.

This is the braquet for the rear upper link,we also use 3/4" heim joint.
Thanks guys for your imputs.
Don.

Attachments

• rear susp 033-1.JPG
    rear susp 033-1.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,084
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back