Oil Filter Mounting

We put the engine in and need to know how/where are other RCR owners putting in their oil filters. There is not enough clearance to attach an oil filter to the block. Pics would also help.

Thanks
Bill D

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill -

I am using the Canton filters, and have had good luck with them. They are smaller then the spin on externals, non bypass, synthectic filter element and have a nice feature that you pull the filter out the top and is not messy at all. They also have some nice billet brackets for either the inline or canister style. You can also get tricky and plumb the top of the housing for extra stuff like oil pressure sender, fuel pump cut off, etc. They also make a very nice billet external adapter that looks good too.

Have not figured out where to mount them, but hopefully soon...

CM Filters, Remote Oil Filters

Sandy

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
A standard remote type sandwich plate mount is called for....
Location is purely up to you Bill.....mount it next to your oil cooler.

Thanks guys
I bought the Canton swivel oil filter relocator and the Canton billet oil filter mount from Tri-States

Ron Earp

Admin
I bought the same as those guys, use billet pieces, better threads. Haven't put mine on yet as motor out awaiting 930 bits but it'll fit fine.

R

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Bill, not an RCR but my filter is mounted here.

Attachments

• Finished Ready for Delivery 12-10-05 056 (Small) (3).jpg
    Finished Ready for Delivery 12-10-05 056 (Small) (3).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 420

Ron Earp

Admin
We've got an Oberg or our race Z and it is pretty cool. Didn't pay for it as it came with the car, but is easy to take care of with pop out screens. Pretty cool, but I understand they are not cheap. They can be packaged in nice locations with no need to have under access etc. so I think they might work nicely in GT40s.

R

R

Back