Rear Bulkhead Window

Ron McCall

Supporter
I mounted mine from the engine side.My inner roof structure ws already finished when I got my window and I didn't want to cut into it .

Dean,
this is your car as of this morning..

Attachments

• LAMPE HEADERS.jpg
    LAMPE HEADERS.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 499
I mounted mine the same way, but it's causing major fitment problems with the roll bar and spider. As mounted, it hits the roll bar. This in turn pushes the rear bulkhead forward, causing the spider to move forward.

Looks like I may have to change it to the inside this weekend to see if that corrects the problem.

Thanks for replying.

Bill D

Any chance one of you have a picture of what you are talking about? I am trying to pay close attention to your build threads as I will be walking down the same road shortly.

Gents.
it was designed to go on the cockpit side and create a pinch for the carpet on the firewall and then give you a nice finished trim around the window...I know some of you are not using carpet....so its your call in that case.
Make sure to use the correct length nyloc nuts and ss bolts/cap heads , if the shank is too long it will hit the rollbar and create a fitment issue...

Dean-
In this picture, the bulkhead window is attached on teh back of the bulkhead. Fran says it should be on this (cockpit) side.

seats%20012.jpg

This isn't the best picture of what I'm describing, but if you look closely at the rear bulkhead, you'll see the window and frame attached. The roll bar then pushes against the bulkhead, forcing it forward and moving the spider forward out of alignment.

engine%20install%20019.jpg

Bill

That explains my fitment issue.

Thanks
Sir Fran :)

Thanks Bill.

Fran, you are one step ahead of me once again. It is looking very good. Did you get my note about the headlight bucket install?

Back