Another newbie.....

CMarks

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hello All,

Brief hello and thank you to the forum and members - great place!

A friend of mine was kind enough to share with me a little about gt40s some time ago. I've been spending a considerable amount of time over the last six months educating myself about gt40s - history, design, present vendor offerings, etc. I'm pretty good in the garage and have a full shop with all the necessary tooling to make parts from scractch (lathe, mill, presses, CAD). I have a masters in ME and was a aeronautical machinist for almost 6 years in my earlier days. I was initially looking for a good kit to begin a build but I could not find a kit of high enough quality that also possessed all the design elements that I think will be essential to being fast and adaptable in SCCA class racing (have raced triumphs, alfas and corvettes extensively).

While on leave now I decided to take the first step and put down the deposit money on a new Superformance Mk 1. I looked at ERA, CAV, DRB, Superformance - pretty much all, and in some detail. I narrowed it down to CAV and Superformance in the end with Superformance edging out CAV on the originality scale although both are incredibly well engineered and made and possess most, if not all, of the basic and essential design elements necessary to have some fun and success in SCCA (with relatively minor modification).

Thank you for helping me get to this point! This is my first post however I hope to be an active part of this amazing forum going forward. Anyone can contact me at [email protected].

Christopher.

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Christopher! You'll find a lot of interesting people and good "bottom line" information in this forum.

Steve

Back