Newbie looking for Wietzes pic's

Hi All,

What a great find this site is... I'm on here more for my Dad than me.

I'm on a mission. My father is going to turn 65 this month, and I wanted to put something special together for his birthday.

I'm looking for photos and/or info about Eppie Wietzes GT40 during his Comstock Racing days (I think it's around 1966).

Ideally, I'd like to print a nice photo and have it framed for him. He was a member of the Comstock pit team that worked on Eppie's car. I don't think he's got many mementoes from those days, just his pit overalls, and an old Comstock racing sticker still on his tool box - so I think it would be really special to him.

I'd also be interested in George Eaton Cobra pic's - dad worked on his team at one point as well. He does have a few pic's of his own of this car, (the car's on a trailer in his parents driveway and he and my mom are leaning against it). I'm not sure the memories are as fond - but he told me once he had to speak with Carroll Shelby on the phone about something, (so I guess that's pretty neat).

Thanks for any help that you can offer :)

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Tera,

Have you tried contacting the Canadian Motorsports Hall of Fame? They may have something or be able to help point you to more resources.

Another who may be able to help is Ian Clarke (CAV Motorsports Canada).

If you need assistance about contacting these outfits, let me know.

Good luck with your project. I'm sure your dad will love it!

Back