New Look for GT40s.com

Ron Earp

Admin
The GT40 Version 1.0 Style is now in effect on the forum!

You should be looking at a Gulf colored scheme on the forum with a Gulf GT40 image from our very own Al Hirsbrunner in the upper right corner (guess what number car that is/was originally, we'll give you a prize!!!!).

I've tried to lay out the menu items in a logical way for you. The most used items, Forum, User CP, Register, Login/Logout, Search, and Quick Links are on the top menu bar. Quick Links will take you everywhere, New Posts, User CP, etc. so it is easily "grabbed" in the upper right on the top menu bar.

The menu items that are not used as much are on the bottom menu - Support Forum (Donate), GT40s.com Store (coming this month), Member Rides, Chat (new one coming), Gallery, Member List, Calendar, FAQ, and last is New Posts. I know New Posts is used a lot so I put it out to the side on the bottom menu so you can easily get to it, same as Quick Links on the top menu bar.

The icons and buttons on the forum are subtly different and I feel look better. Also, there have been fixes made to the profiles shown on the forum on the right hand side of the screen with threads. The reputation, online icon, and others now stay up with the person's name instead of dropping to the bottom of that box the way it did.

This is the first change in a list of many that will be happening over the coming weeks and I hope you like it. Remember, once all of this is loaded and cached on your computer this skin/look will be just as fast as the old one. But, for those that have to have the old one in a few weeks it'll be installed as a low-res version for dial up users and will be spartan.

We'll be tweaking this look over the next few days in order to improve it because I know it isn't perfect, but it is a new start.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Ron,

I tried the "User CP ---> Edit Options ---> Forum Skin ---> GT40 Version 1.0" menu trail, but there doesn't seem to be a "Forum Skin" option available in the "Edit Options" page.

No great drama, but I thought it may help with de-bugging.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Ooops - when I quick-linked to the "todays posts" - lo & behold, there is the new skin (and its very nice) !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry about that Peter, I removed the Skin Option, now everyone will be looking at the new skin regardless. I will add that option back in with a low-res version for those that hate the new one.

Ron

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ron,

The "Gulf color" guys have finally gotten to you!

Looks good, love the painting of 1075...nice to know such a talented person frequents this site!

Rick

Ron Earp said:
The GT40 Version 1.0 Style is now in effect on the forum!
Looks good.
Ron Earp said:
You should be looking at a Gulf colored scheme on the forum with a Gulf GT40 image from our very own Al Hirsbrunner in the upper right corner
If you're going to be using Al's car for the official website image, how about using the colors of his car for the website?

Picking an arbitrary points on the nose, the orange is: #E5732D and the blue is #6FC9FB.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Great look, Ron, and easy to navigate. Kudos!!

Doug

Very very nice done. I'm reading the main topics on a day to day basis and i'm realy a skilled user to exploid all functions of the so i did not run into any issues / limitations. But the look and feel is very good and i like the used font and colors !

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like someone is going to get the prize!

So Paolo, can you tell me the scale and brand? If anyone can it should be you :) Here is the original pic before the photoshop work:

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Back