Front Canard Wings

Has anyone found a supplier of canard wings, the sort that were attached on either side of the nose, just forward of the front wheel well? They were often found on cars like #1036 to reduce lift at very high speeds. I've asked the folks at Superformance if they have them available, but no positive word yet.

They look great, and my understanding is that at the reunion at Laguna Seca some years back several entrants found it necessary to afix quickly-made versions because of adverse lift. I would think that someone either has them available as an option or that a period-correct template might exist.

Thanks!

Kim

Actually I had the same request for Superformance. I don't think, at the time, they wanted to replicate them. Now I'm not so sure but I'm probably going to have them made when the car arrives.

P.S. I had the same issues with the rear cargo boxes. Two months ago they were unable to provide them. I spoke to Ian at Dynamic last week and he related that they are now available.

Just my .02
Rich.

There is a flange that I recommend you bolt on .
There is a thin doubler on the inside of the body to spread the load that the Canard can generate.

I am about to add an extra month to your delivery time.......boomsmile...didn't you promise me you were not going to add anything else.....where am I going to put the kitchen sink now.???

Hmmmm. O.K.

I've never, ever heard or read the term "canard" in reference to the aerodynamics and the appendages which influence which on sports-racing cars of the 1960's.

Kim, We can supply the car with "canard wings" and have one on the way to Chile right now. I will get someone to post a picture tomorrow if we took one. Regards

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Canard (aeronautics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm interested in these as well. However - I have a slightly different design in mind. They are also called Winglets - BTW.

More along the line of what's been used on the ALMS cars;

Audi.jpg

panoz.jpg

Here are pics as promised yesterday...

These are unpolished and held on with two sided tape to show the fit....didn't want to drill holes in this customers body.....not yet anyway.
As you can see we have different profiles depending upon car model..

Attachments

• canards 001 (Small).jpg
    canards 001 (Small).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 711
  • canards 002 (Small).jpg
    canards 002 (Small).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 732
  • canards 003 (Small).jpg
    canards 003 (Small).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,216
  • canards 004 (Small).jpg
    canards 004 (Small).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,163
  • canards 005 (Small).jpg
    canards 005 (Small).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 721
  • canards 006 (Small).jpg
    canards 006 (Small).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 687

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Fran, not sure if this is an english thing, but the 'Mud Flaps' go on the back of the car :D and generally you do want a naked lady emblem for them...

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Fran -

That is brilliant, I should think more out of the box :)

Keep up the good work!

Sandy

Back