Editting posts - Not working?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I was about to post the same question, but I've posted 2 replies today and I see the "edit" button appears on today's posts. Perhaps it disappears after a specified time--I haven't had time today to check prior posts to see if the edit button is there, but I know it wasn't a week or so ago.

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
David Morton said:
Yes - you have a finite time in which to edit.

Of what purpose is that?

Thanks for getting back to me / us..

Ron Earp

Admin
You've got about an hour to change posts, after that it is not available.

What is the purpose?

Well, for those that have not been around this forum for very long you need to know there are indivduals that like to change what they say for a long time after the fact. We had some people on this forum years ago who liked to change their story after they stated it. With the time limit you cannot go back and edit posts that are days, weeks, months or even years old - it is recorded and matter of statement. You can go back within a few minutes and correct spelling etc., or even delete it, but after about an hour that option is gone.

Keeps everyone honest, or at least it helps.

Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the explaination Ron.. That works..

I had originally thought that I screwed up something in my user preferences or something.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Works for me, too, Ron. Most of my edits are for spelling/grammar errors, anyway. For some reason I just don't see them until the post appears, then I'm glad for the chance to edit. An hour ought to be enough!

Doug

Back