Ferrari 360 Six Speed

I originally posted some pics of a 360 engine and transmission in the engine forum, since then I have been working my way through the repairs needed to the box itself. Along the way Ive taken note of a few things - The shift linkage is really nice, set up for cable shifting as delivered on the non F1 Modena. The one I pickeup was an F1 paddle shifter so I needed to aquire the cable linkage from a salvage yard and install, I also aquired the cable locating bracket but it is not in place in the pictures. Additionally, there is a cool oil pump built into the rear plate that is driven off the end of the input shaft, it pumps oil to the external water/oil heat exchanger. These features could make it very attractive for a mid HP car except there are no adapters available and it says F.....i on the parts invoice..... <chuckle> Anyways I thought Id toss in a couple of pics, sorry they are not the best, since its all back together its a little hard to move around by myself! Unfortunatley my engine guy is backed up so there is no further movement on the engine itself, although I continue to detail little parts in the meantime.

Attachments

• ferrari engine 001.jpg
    ferrari engine 001.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 538
  • ferrari engine 002.jpg
    ferrari engine 002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 561
  • ferrari engine 007.jpg
    ferrari engine 007.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 542
The RCR-P is the likely home for this combination. Although a limiting factor to where it ends up may be the California smog laws.

Mesa,

I just automatically thought it was going in a 40.........and started to think how a person would attach a FORD emblem over the top of the F.....I badge. But Fran does put out some really fine non-Fords too!:rolleyes:

Make sure you keep us posted on the progress.

Gary Kadrmas

what salvage yard has a or a few ferarri's in them:confused:

all the ones around here are tempos and volvos lol...

pete

1) Would you like to sell me the gearbox? My offer is 2.500 €
2) Would you like to repair it? I have all the spares. I am the one refurbishing anf improving all the gearboxes for Ferrari Sweden
Pls advise.

Mesa said:
The RCR-P is the likely home for this combination. Although a limiting factor to where it ends up may be the California smog laws.

If you run it with high-flow cats, shouldn't you be able to pass smog testing, even in CA?

Wanni -
At this point the transmission has been inspected and items needing attention have been repaired/replaced. Unfortunately the Ferrari service manual says "if your transmission needs internal service, please box it up and send back to Ferrari". Since I did not need to dissasemble the gear sets (they needed no attention) I got through my work without the benefit of a service manual on the transmission. Of course it would have gone faster with some instructional help.

Do you have a manual for the transmission I could buy?

One of my last items is to remove and install the throw out bearing assembly, for this I will need to make or find a special tool as there is limited access.

Salmon-
I do not intend to use the Ferrari electronics to control the engine, nor at this point do I intend to use the stock intake system as it is very heavy. Although for sanity (or smog) I may change my mind on that. I really don't know enough of what is required to pass smog in CA using a modern engine. Cats and a clean running engine may be enough (?) But then I might need all the original electronics too, that would be a deal killer for me.

Mesa,
my job is to build gearboxes. If we assume that I know it, we also assume that I know the general rules. Knowing those matters,, I do not need a manual for teaching me how to do.
But I have spares for 360, 430, 575 in stock as well as Lambo Gallardo, Pagani Zonda, Koenigsegg CCX, Apollo Gumpert and so on.
Also I have an RBT for sale which was installed in a Zonda.
Ciao
Wanni

Back