parts & service

Ron-
I belong to a couple of groups that have a "Where to find what you need" forum. It allows members looking for a particular part or service, or someone who has found a good source, a place to go without combing a gazillion threads that a search on "ZF gears" turns up. A good example is the switch ID plates you mentioned in one of your build threads. I came across it by accident and they were just what I had been looking for.
John

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
John (and everyone else),

I think we can accomplish this with the links pages where we already have a LOT of vendor URLs. To use the switch ID plates supplier as an example,

1) Was it in the links pages? If not, email me the link, PLEASE; and, I'll get it included.

2) If it was, did the link say it was a good supplier for switche ID plate? If not, email that to me and I'll put it as a comment so it can be searched. [Note: many vendors carry a vast assortment of products and we can't list them all for every vendor or the links would get to cumbersome. But if a vendor offers a particularly good part or price that really stands out, that we could include.]

I try to include stuff I bump into either in the postings here or on my own, but I can't get them all. So the links have to become somewhat user maintained like Wikipedia. If you all will send them to me, I'll get them included and/or updated.

There is a link to my email in:

GT40s.com > Welcome to GT40s.com > Forum Announcements, Questions, and Feedback > GT40s.com Links​

; or, you can click on my username on any of my posts and send email to me. Here is my email link again as well:

Thanks,
Lynn

Thanks, Lynn, I wasn't aware that the links thread was where to look. BTW, the link to "extras"/"usefull links" on the site index page is broken.
John

Back