Detailed pictures of 930 Trans installed

Fran,

Could you post some detailed pictures of the 930 to SBF interface in Sandy's Gulf car without the headers in place. I would like to see how the trans is held up at the adapter plate to the rear cross member. I would also like to see the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder and through out fork arm arrangement. The pictures I have looked at of Sandy's car do not show it with the cross member in place and you can't see the slave cylinder do to the headers being in the way.

Thanks, :D

Sandys car is fully assembled...I dont think he would take too kindly to have it disassembled.
The Hydraulic throwout is a Powerhaus Mod....although I think Ron Earp is doing the mod himself....

Last edited:
Fran, I didn't realize this or I wouldn't have asked. From the last pictures I assumed it was still being put together. Sorry for the mix up. :eek:

Thanks anyway

Jim,

no problem....

We have been asked by the Detroit Autorama to display Sandy's car...he has very kindly agreed.
He is flying in on Wed. this week to give us the final go ahead to display his toy....
I am excited to see his reaction.....

I have some old pics of the arrangement you are asking about. Don't recall whose setup the slave cylinder is from. I do know that on a DRB at least, it won't work that way as the cross member is in the way and a different angle of attack is needed, or a slot is required. At least on mine it will, but then I have moved my engine further forward than most DRBs. The support piece is from a DRB car.

Bill

Attachments

• 930 Hydraulic clutch.jpg
    930 Hydraulic clutch.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 770
  • Clutch slave cyl.jpg
    Clutch slave cyl.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 761
  • Clutch slave cyl2.jpg
    Clutch slave cyl2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 737
  • engine mount DRB to SMB.JPG
    engine mount DRB to SMB.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 743
Hi Fran,

Will you be at the Autorama along with the car?

I will be attending the show on Saturday after stopping by Ken's shop to see my RCR 70 in the morning.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Fran -

Yes, that is a good though, please don't dissassemble my car :) :)

Jim - I have a box here if you need shots as well, it doesn't have the arm, but the slave. See the other thread on it as well.

Sandy

Bill,

Thanks for the pics. rockonsmile

Fran that's really cool that you'll have Sandy's car there, maybe I'll try to get over to the show.

Sandy congrates on your car being complete.:pepper: I'm sure you'll be blown away when you see it in person.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Jim,

Off to the shop on the red eye plane tonight (Feb 27th). Looks like I am going to bring some good California weather with me, the forcast looks like it will bump up to 35F, so might only have some ice and rain :)

Jim, also I have seen the welding work you did on some of the postings, and it is excellent, how long have you been at it?

Anyone else need photo's let me know, this time I hope that I remember to take more the 4 :)

Sandy

Sandy,

Thanks for the praises. I hope you bring nice weather with you:)
On the welding and fabricating; I've been doing both since about 84'
but been doing the aluminum since 91'
I was lucky my dad was a good fabricator. I had 2 hrs of welding classes everyday in 87' and 88'. Then in college had a few more classes. Then I went to work for Eaton Corp as a Dyno Technician in 91' and did a fair amount of welding and fabricating until 97' then I moved into our CNC model shop and got into programing and machining. Now I do 5-axis programming and milling. Not on cylinder head ports, but on crazy shaped supercharger inlets and advanced latching type rocker arms used to de-activate cylinders. Turning V8's into V6s and 4cylinders.

Hope this wasn't too long winded.

Take care.:D

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Jim -

Looks like I'm doomed as a welder :) I had better get a' practicing!

Sandy

Back