Italo-Swedish Transaxle

Dear all,
Goran and I have just made a joint venture.
Soon you will get informations about a complete transaxle system for your cars.
Transaxle, bell housing, clutch, flywheel, concentric slave cylinder and for people a step forward, a semi automatic paddle shifting with shifting on demand and manual drive away ( to keep the costs as low as possible.
See you in within few months.
Ciao from BELLA ITALIA AND COLD SCANDINAVIA.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Wanni,

will the casting be Magnesium?.....
I picked up an original T44 a few weeks ago and it is surprisingly light...even though it looks massive....

Will you also be developing the large flange CV joints for the T44???

Seems like the with all the individuals/companies now developing transaxles we will be spoilt for choice......

FOX1 said:
Dear all,
Goran and I have just made a joint venture.
Soon you will get informations about a complete transaxle system for your cars.
Transaxle, bell housing, clutch, flywheel, concentric slave cylinder and for people a step forward, a semi automatic paddle shifting with shifting on demand and manual drive away ( to keep the costs as low as possible.
See you in within few months.
Ciao from BELLA ITALIA AND COLD SCANDINAVIA.

LOL...THIS is what i want to hear:D

Paolo (also cause I love Sweden..eheh)

Keith

gt40fran said:
Seems like the with all the individuals/companies now developing transaxles we will be spoilt for choice......

Yeah but transaxles are like London Buses, eh Fran? ;)

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
NO kidding.....
we kit manufacturers will have to step up and make sure we can accomodate all of these new boxes....

Its great to see people finally realising there is a major need ..not just in the replica world but for all the mid engine loons out there...

Answer to all the people who has answered.
I have the production capabilities and Goran has the right project for all of you in state my gearbox is one step over your needs and too expensive.
By joining we have now a range of products. I am OEM and he is the expert for those applications.
By joining we will build a flexible product meeting GT 40 and new applications.
Tech thoughts:
1) weight. In the 70's the tyre grip was much lower then the grip of the modern tyres. This means the torque capability of the gearbox in the first 3 gears shall be incresed about 40 %. The robust design is the issue for keeping the costs affordable. The exhotics technologies are lift up the price to nearly the double.
2) noise. Actually we do have grinding machines capable to increase the acoustic confort, but it is an additional cost
3) shiftability. The progress made in this area is huge and it will be a crime to do not include it into the costs.
Conclusions:
Being a modular unit, it is gonna be markeyed as follows:
Basic with an affordable price: nearly quiet heavy unit
Optins with a price depending on level: teeth grinding + tribologic super finishing - magnesium cases - exhotic steels
There is bread for each kind of teeth.
Just be patient for a while......we are hardly working for your pleasure.
Just to be polite.
Automations at different levels will be available as well.
Regards
GearFox high school
automotive transmission academy

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hey Wanni - I think I found you! :)

wanni

If you need a GT40 to trial fit your new gearbox - let me know!

Attachments

• Wanni.jpg
    Wanni.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 799

Rune

Supporter
This is good , many on this forum have asked for a transaxle that can handle lots of power, and with a ok price this is the tranny for the bb engines . We will hear much more from this joint venture .

Rune

Well done,friends,
you found all my secrets. I do not need the GT40 to try......it is easyer if you need a dummy box for the first trial. If it fits......then I would need the car.
Ciao dalla bella Italia.

Wanni-
I think Randy was trying to get you to give him a free tranny box to play with.

Randy, you scoundrel you!! :)

To ask is allowed and to answer is politeness.
My message to him is quiet long, but because we are not allowed to advertise on this forum, I was simply trying to trace a route for the start of a "deal" (bad word), better to say about the start of a discussion in order to reach a meeting point from where moving ahead following a commonly targeted program.
Probably, out of my italianised english, I was now capable to let you smell the route to BET on for moving forward.
Better we talk about spaghetti cooking mode, which is easyer.
Ciao a tutti
Wanni

Paddle shifting is not a secret anymore. It just needs a lot of electronic informations.
By adding all the necessary sensors it is feasable. Only problem is the need to fit a drive by wire. It is just the matter to add a linear motor and an electronic pedal.
The software is the serious problem.....his cost is proportional to the automation level you want.
Anyway FEASABLE.
Ciao
Wanni

Paddle shifts, oh dear oh dear oh dear. The really great thing about the GT40 and similar cars is the direct connection between the road, car and driver. If you need to have that explained then you'll never get it anyway. I drove a modern 911 for a couple of years, very fast and predictable but at the end of the day anethatised by electronic aids. My Gardener Douglas Cobra replica (space frame backbone chasis, 420bhp, brembo brakes) is in a different league from an involvement point of view and just plain more fun. Closer to my Yamaha R1 as an experience and (in my hands anyway) quicker through the twisties. I will admit to fear factor playing a role in this as coming off a bike really hurts! Still vacillating between RCR and CAV, what a lovely decision to be forced to make.

ps the Cobra will have to go to help fund the project

Grow old disgracefully and mostly sideways.

As i was writing in another forum, mechatronics are one opportunity and not a verdict of guiltness.
Every person has the freedom to think what he feels about, but they are a reality.
Of course those applications are needing a superior knowledge of automotive systems functionality and relative limits due to old mechanic concepts.
But they absolutely do not need a vodoo dance to be a working application.
Believe that the level of success is directly proportional to the budjet available for the conversion. It is a multi level automation system. More money = higher level. More or less the service offered by a prostitute.
Joking, off course.
But it gives an idea.
Ciao
Wanni.

Thanks Wanni,
Sounds a little complicated (and probably too much $$$) for me.... I'm kind of a bolt it up, plug it in, kind of guy.

John, I too am planning on leaving the two wheel track days for 4 wheels (takes a little longer to heal in your 50s).

That being said... some of us buy the GT40 for nostalgia, some for performance, and some because it is simply one of the most beatiful cars ever made. I tend to be in the latter two categories.

It's funny that there doesn't seem to be a big deal going from carbs to fuel injection or newer better brakes but mention paddle shifters and suddenly your not man enough to drive the car as it should be driven... even though your likely to get around the track faster. I'm sure if they had them back then they'd of used them.
I like what I see coming out of DRB as they're not afraid to blend modern with classic. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
With all due respect,
You mention that it is not a big deal to move from carbies to efi but I think this couldn't be further from the truth.
You also mention DRB not being afraid to move forward.

In Australia and in particular my state of New South Wales it is not possible to register a GT40 with carbies for road use .
We are forced to use the latest efi in stock form as produced by the OEM or face the most cost prohibitive testing possible.

In our state we cannot even use after market efi such as Motec etc
and have to use the latest current motor to stand a chance of being granted rego.
DRB has moved forward because our powers that be decree we move forward or find another sport.

It would be so much easier to set up a big block with Webers or Holley or whatever both in time, money and authenticity but we have no choice.

I personally feel the authorities would gladly wipe us from the face of the earth with respect of us building our own cars if they could or we let them.

Dimi

I give only suggestions and not sentences.
Everyone must feel free to use his own brain to perform the best deal.
What is in my knowledge is at your total disposal, but do not accuse me of forcing issues.
My friend, you are free to take my suggestions as you feel better.
I will answer as mch professionally as I can to propper questions regarding items having a low general knowledge.
Please take the answers in a way where you can manage the results yourselve, please.
Wanni

Back