To Fran

I have a severe case of "40 Fever". The more I look at RCR's website and read build journals the worse it gets.

Dandy Don said on the Club Cobra site: "...the front end was very flexible"

Is this because the car was not finished? I have seen some RCR owners (Bill D) add square tubing in the front to look more original. Is this mod required to stiffen up the front?

Fran, Is there a fuel cell option for the GT40?

John,
he was refering to the bodywork not the chassis or its associated components.....
If you re-read his comments he actually apologises for his post as it could be misinterpreted...and he was not comparing apples to apples

We used to offer an original style tubular front subframe .... this option is not available any longer....we use waterjet aluminum panels now that serve as ducting and rad mount.

Yes FIA FT3 fuel bladders are available

John-
Once the front clip is mounted and held in place with the latches, it is very sturdy. It doesn't flex at all.

I added the additional tubing to enclose the front end more. It was not added to improve strength, although it does do that as a byproduct.

Bill D

Parts list?

Fran,

My bad for not reading the entire post. We spoke yesterday, I'm in Jacksonville, FL.

How many gallons will the tanks hold with the fuel cell option?

Do you have a parts list compiled of needed items beyond the Deluxe Plus kit? Each car must have small differences, but a general list would be useful as a starting point.

Thanks!

Back