Looking for a GT40

I am trying to find a completed GT40. I thought about kits, but I don't think that I have what it takes to complete a build myself. A reasonable CAV GT40 is what I am hoping for, but let me know, whatever it is!

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum, you need to tell people where abouts you are, we have members all over the world on here.

Simon

Bill D said:
Contact Fran Hall at Race Car Replicas. He can build a gorgeous turnkey-minus for you that is second to none.

Bill, with all due respect, how can you really state that an RCR turnkey would be "second to none" when none have yet been completed or thrashed on the road? Yeah, it looks like RCR makes a nice product but that comment is over the top. Besides, Ford1 is looking for a complete car, not a turnkey minus.

I would suggest that the only replica that could be claimed as "second to none" would be SPF finished by a first-rate shop, as it is nearly identical to the original GT40s.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Mark Worthington said:
Bill, with all due respect, how can you really state that an RCR turnkey would be "second to none" when none have yet been completed or thrashed on the road? Yeah, it looks like RCR makes a nice product but that comment is over the top. Besides, Ford1 is looking for a complete car, not a turnkey minus.

I would suggest that the only replica that could be claimed as "second to none" would be SPF finished by a first-rate shop, as it is nearly identical to the original GT40s.

Even though I've invested in the product so I may be somewhat biased -
I'm curious where you've gotten your information Mark - Particularly the point you made about "none have yet been completed".. How do you know this?

Thanks...

Hello everyone:

Lets keep this thread going in a positive direction, and help Mike out. :mad:

If members need to whack each other, start a thread on your own, and title it "The most over priced, least liked, and over rated GT40".

Mike, welcome to the forum. Hang in there. Your information will get here eventually.:)

Thanks,

Back