Newbie from Atlanta

It was some time ago when I discovered the 66 cobra and I fell in love with that car. Thanks to Speed Channel and a show about Carol Shelby, I discovered the GT40. I began to research the great history of this great car and fell more in love. I used to be a big corvette fan but now they mean nothing to me. I only dream of building my own GT40. Are there any events in the South East or any GT40 replica owners in this area?

Hey 40 Dreams.......
It will be just a matter of time before you get situated with the forum and some members close to your location.

I am sure that their is a race track within reasonable distance from you that holds Historic races, which should have Cobras and GT40s at the event. Otherwise, take a look at the "Links Page" posted on this web site to see the location of different manufacturers, and see where those manufacturers might attend an event where they will have their cars on display.

Welcome aboard, and lets hear more from you about your intersts and dreams!

Hey 40 Dreams,
There are a few 40s in the Atlanta area for you to view and maybe even ride in. My car will hopefully be done this spring. Chip's car will be delivered if he can get it painted(it's in Ohio). Joseph has sold his 40, but has a Ford GT. There are a few others around who will sound off as well. Chip is off of Scott Blvd. I am in Snellville, and Joseph is in Lawrenceville. There is another in Alpharetta that I haven't met yet. Supposedly just moved here recently. There was one in Roswell, but haven't heard from him in a while. You are welcome to visit anytime.
Road Atlanta host an event or two, there is one in Savannah, and VIR is not that far. I am hoping to have mine tracked by summer if all the d.... parts will get here. Drop me a line and we will have to get together. Oh yeah, there is an original in the area as well. I go over and help him with it from time to time(See 66 road car).

Bill

Hey, new to the site, can anyone put me in touch with someone in the Savannah or Atlanta area? I would like to see the GT40 in person, I'm considering the Superperformance GT40. Thanks.

Erik,
There are several 40s in the Atlanta area. You are welcome to visit and see mine. I hope to have it finished in the next month or two. Chip who lives about 10 miles from me should have his car about the same time. There are another or two around, and may chime in here. Road Atlanta has one or two historic races. Roebling Road(sp?) is right there in Savannah. I was introduced to one guy who races his replica at Road Atlanta. Can't remember his name. If you are up here give me a call or email me. Do a search for DRB#5 for my build.
H-770-978-6468
C-678-687-4611

Bill

Back