new exoto T70s

Ciao Paolo

Sensational models, but a little pricey for 1:18!

My father gave me the Tamiya 1:12 T70 MkIII (per my avatar) for my 12th birthday (I think) in 1976! That one has long since bitten the dust, but I got another onw when they were re-released a few years ago. It's sitting on my desk at the office.

A couple show up on ebay from time to time, but they are pricey too. Maybe Tamiya will re-release this kit again one day? Please let me know if they do and I'll order one or several directly from you!

In the meantime, mine is due for a restoration!

Hey! I still have my Tamiya, but missing a few pieces.... must have been that cheap glue I used!

Ciao Paolo

Sensational models, but a little pricey for 1:18!

My father gave me the Tamiya 1:12 T70 MkIII (per my avatar) for my 12th birthday (I think) in 1976! That one has long since bitten the dust, but I got another onw when they were re-released a few years ago. It's sitting on my desk at the office.

A couple show up on ebay from time to time, but they are pricey too. Maybe Tamiya will re-release this kit again one day? Please let me know if they do and I'll order one or several directly from you!

In the meantime, mine is due for a restoration!

Sure I will advise Richard:)
Think I still should have some spare decals sheets of that 1/12 tamiya somewhere.It was absolutely not a bad kit (until 2 yrs ago had still 3 ones for sale here...dont ask me why, LOL)

To delete old glue and paint is enough to cover the model with some owen cleaner (better if old and toxic, with "soda caustica" inside), then forget the full covered old model inside a closed plastic bag for at least one month, and when u will reopen it, simply wash it with fresh water and a toothbrush.
The plastic will return as if brand new, deleting all glue and paint (unless u used cianoacrylate super glue, but think u didnt use it for plastic model kits).
Recent ecologic products are really worst in this than older ones (also they clean worst the owens:)),if u have only those new ones try leave the kit inside the bag for 2 months.

Another technique to delete paint/ glue is use some oil brake and a brush, but u have to be quite carefully doing this cause is anyway a little too aggressive for plastic

Hope the description is clear and helpful:)

Attachments

• image087.gif
    image087.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 385
Thanks for the great renovation idea Paolo. There are about 3 different colours of paint to get off, so a back to the plastic restoration is just what is required.

If you come across one of your spare sheets of decals, can you please PM me with a price? Mine are around somewhere, but last I saw them was a couple of years ago and they were a bit wrinkled and damaged.

Thanks Paolo

Back