This is not as impressive as Eric's

Hello GT40 people:

I don't have a GT40 and if I did I am not sure I would fit. No need to get into details on that.

What can I add to this group -- well probably nothing (hey at least I am honest). Lot of very smart car people on the forum. Have enjoyed lurking (sounds bad) around looking at the pictures and reading the threads.

The fit issue might not keep me from seriously looking to purchase. I was not supposed to fit in the Cobra either, but managed to get my backsided into one that I enjoy as much as possible. :)

Thanks for having this site.

Jamie

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Jamie. Like you, I lurked about for quite a while before registering.

One need not own, nor fit into, a GT40 to have something to offer on this forum. All that is required is that one be "GT40 Crazy", as you'll find almost all of us on this forum are! If you're already into a Cobra, you're already past the threshold.

Again, welcome, and now that you're registered don't be afraid to post. We're a pretty friendly bunch around here. BTW--post some photos of your Cobra in the Gallery. It's difficult to appreciate the GT40 without also appreciating the Cobra--if it smells like brake fluid and tastes like motor oil, it's all good!!

Dugly

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Jamie

Welcome
I too thought about this for a long time BUT I have a car and love the driving! 6'3" and 280plus (but dropping at the moment) (Sure I have a DAX which is slightly taller than the originals but not so any outsider will notice!

It is possible to get into them Find one and try. CAV I knoe say that 6'5" has been done by them and I believe Fran can get much the same in his creations.

cheers
Ian

Welcome Jamie -

And as others say - don't worry about fitting - you will - especially if you 'tailor' the car a bit...

Whenever I used to get out of the GTD40 at a hill climb - for the first few years - Marshalls would come over and ask "how the hell do you fit into it??".... and this was before I put on another 60-70lbs... My last event at the end of 2006, saw me at 340lbs+ and still I fitted - although it was a bit of a squeeze (mainly into my racesuit)...

I am now on my way down, (-120lbs and counting) so things should be a little easier now.

So size is not an issue - and if you fit your Cobra, you'll fit a 40... (unless of course your 7ft6 tall :eek:

Back