Donnington Historic meet

If anyone is going to the Masters Meeting at Donny next weekend(May bank hols) I'll be there with Carlos Barbot's T70. Come and say "High".

Darren

Don't know yet Marcus. This coming w/end. But I think we win and get pole and fastest lap:rolleyes: ....

I'll let you know if I'm right on tuesday.

Darren

Well. What a weekend. Not quite what I'd hoped for, but thats racing. Qualified 5th early sunday morning and finished 3rd overall and 1st in class in the first race on sunday afternoon. Race didn't go without incedent as we were caught up in a first corner incident, being pushed out from the inside by a late breaker, into another car on our outside. After having anincident free season last year we came away from our first race of'07 with not an untouched panel on the car. So started 3rd for second race on Monday. Started to rain while in collecting areabut elected to start on the dry tyres. After 2 laps and a spin came in to change to wets. 3 mins on a T70 and set-up change to suit, so got back out 3 laps down. Managed to catch back-up 2 laps but only a 30 min race so ended up 3rd in class but still a long way down the field. Should have started on the wets really but hindsight is a great thing.. Got fastest lap though. Oh well, roll on Brands in 3 weeks time.

Darren

Attachments

• donny small001.jpg
    donny small001.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 374
  • donny small002.jpg
    donny small002.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 377
  • donny small003.jpg
    donny small003.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 380
  • Mk 1 fire small.jpg
    Mk 1 fire small.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 388
Thanks for the great report.
Nice looking cars. Post more pictures ! Tell us more about what we are looking at here.
Thanks !

Thanks for the great report.
Nice looking cars. Post more pictures ! Tell us more about what we are looking at here.
Thanks !

Sorry Guys. Always forget that bit. OK. Yellow T70 is the car that we run. Carlos Barbot's Mk3b 76/136. One of the original '79 continuation cars. Next one Red/green spider is Richard Meins Mk2. Fresh rebuild, first time out. Then Shaun Lynn's GT40. And finally Marshal Bailey's Mk1 T70 Spider getting a little hot under the collar after the tail caught fire. Would have liked to have taken a lot more pics but don't seem to get the time... There were around 6 T70 Spider there and 2 Mk3b coupes. Will have to try much harder at Brands at the end of the month:) .
Thats all for now.
Darren

Back