Not open for further replies.
What's about that???
will show you internals soon.
This is feasable for 9.000 €uros.

Attachments

• ful32018_b.pdf
    160.1 KB · Views: 548
Not soon, NOW.
7 speeds but extremely compact and cost effective.
Appreciate first thoughts attached

Attachments

• G1007.pdf
    139.7 KB · Views: 648

Mike Pass

Supporter
An interesting box Wanni.
A few questions....
I assume this will be short enough to fit in a GT40. What would the overall length be with a bellhousing suitable for for a Ford 302 smallblock motor? The position of the driveshaft flanges looks high enough to allow a low mounting for the engine.
What is the rating for power, torque, rpm etc.?
Where is the input for the gear change? H pattern.
Why 7 speed?
Cheers
Mike

The lenght will be in the area of 500 mm. The out put flanges are off setted only 40 mm from the engine central line. This unit has been designed to replace the Lamborghini Gallardo unit.
It is calculated for 700 Nm. The input gear change is what do you want. All my transmissions are borning to be H pattern, mechanical sequential and automated. RPM in the area of 8.000 revs.
This unit is a 3 speed with low mwdium and high.
The primary and thre thirthiary are shifting together when i shift to 4th by going back to first and shifting medium, and so on.
The potential is to have 9 forward speed without adding gears. Just by turning more the barrel.
With only 11 gears I have 7 forward + 1 reverse. normaly 17 are neede to achieve this job.
Open deck design with isostatic shafts and shifting on a separate cover.
Estimated weight is 65 Kgs.
7 gears because now Formula 1 has 7 and to keep the engine neer to the top power area after upshifting.
This concept works every day in the SMART which is a 3 speed high and low with 2 crown wheels.
Regards
Wanni

Or probably this is the easyest wayto fit in a GT 40.
Finally my boys have finished the down sizing of T756H getting in T606H.
It is 74 mm shorter. Enough to fit as a perfect replacement of a ZF, but with 6 forward speeds and 1 synchronised reverse.
The diff is " TORQUE SENSITIVE " unit.
Not bad.
Ciao to all my competitors......I am now ready to fight with the appropriate product.
N.B. My tooling is already paid.
Who is interested about this unit for .........10.000 €uros ???
Let me know.
[email protected]:D :pepper: :rolleyes: ;) :p:

Attachments

• Lotus_1.jpg
    Lotus_1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,046
  • Lotus_2.jpg
    Lotus_2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,041
  • Lotus_3.jpg
    Lotus_3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,044
  • Lotus_4.jpg
    Lotus_4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,077

Mike Pass

Supporter
The gearbox looks suitable in terms of size and the ability to mount the engine low down as the output flanges are well above the input shaft. However most users would need to have a bellhousing for a Ford small block and release bearing (preferably concentric). It would also be useful if there was some standard flywheel/clutch set up which would allow good levels of torque handling whilst maintaining a low engine level without danger of the flywheel hitting such things as kerbs. Would it be possible to produce a final spec and price for the above? I am sure this would make it a much more attractive proposition for people who do not have engineering facilities and would need a "complete solution" off the shelf.
Cheers
Mike

The gearbox looks suitable in terms of size and the ability to mount the engine low down as the output flanges are well above the input shaft. However most users would need to have a bellhousing for a Ford small block and release bearing (preferably concentric). It would also be useful if there was some standard flywheel/clutch set up which would allow good levels of torque handling whilst maintaining a low engine level without danger of the flywheel hitting such things as kerbs. Would it be possible to produce a final spec and price for the above? I am sure this would make it a much more attractive proposition for people who do not have engineering facilities and would need a "complete solution" off the shelf.
Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,
in order that GearFox is a producer of concentric release bearings, it will be for sure concentric. Basic or with electronic control of the position ( for paddle shifting )
I am not used to the way you call the engines, but if you refere to the 4,7 Cobra engine, the packaging already exhists.....in the Koenigsegg.
I am sure that Christian will allow to use part of his packaging which is:
Specific clutch triple disk 215 mm with starter ring to the gearbox side, concentric release bearing, bell housing dimensions ( he is using part of the chassis ), flywheel and a nice super starter.
All that made for a dry sump conversion of this unit.
We are now considering all the enquires to make a commercial program.
LS7 will be the first getting the full package.
Cheers
Wanni

Now that's some interesting news!

Cheers
Ted

Hello Ted,
I am glad to be positive at your eyes.
You know, for us, down here, it is just routine to modify those bits as the market is requesting.
The most important thing was to achieve the first target.
To be an OEM suppliyer of the most dreamed super cars in the world and to be capable to handle 1.000 and more Nm without worldwide failures.
Pls check how many records have the vehicles installing T906H or S.
A down sizing is just a matter of doing it during off time.
If the enquiries, as it looks at this stage, will reach the NON RETURN figures, we simply start to produce semitested protos to be fully approved in that class of torque.
To go backwards is much easyier of doing a upgrading.
From the higher position we look the game, smiling, smiling, we decided to JUMP into it.
Regards
Wanni ( Outstanding performance in extreme conditions )

Hello Ted,
I am glad to be positive at your eyes.
You know, for us, down here, it is just routine to modify those bits as the market is requesting.
The most important thing was to achieve the first target.
To be an OEM suppliyer of the most dreamed super cars in the world and to be capable to handle 1.000 and more Nm without worldwide failures.
Pls check how many records have the vehicles installing T906H or S.
A down sizing is just a matter of doing it during off time.
If the enquiries, as it looks at this stage, will reach the NON RETURN figures, we simply start to produce semitested protos to be fully approved in that class of torque.
To go backwards is much easyier of doing a upgrading.
From the higher position we look the game, smiling, smiling, we decided to JUMP into it.

Regards
Wanni ( Outstanding performance in extreme conditions )

I shall thank in pubblic the sales manager of Antonov for his simpaty to Gearfox projects.
As a technician, that honorates me more then selling pre production troubles.

Ciao

Wanni,

I am impressed by your design.

Just a couple of words here (for other's benefit):
- to put a product into production following the APQP (big OEM) process, one can budget on $4 million
- I have seen other smaller projects (not made to APQP) that have few parts, and are subject "preproduction problems" - ie not getting the design optimized and losing a ton of time, redoing durability etc etc etc
- if this box can be built on known concepts and detailed component knowledge, and can be produced in a short amount of time, then it has to be a winner

Good luck !!!

Ciao
Dom

I've been watching these transaxle threads with great interest. But frankly Wanni, you come across as the most arrogant, self centered individual around. Why don't you let your product do the talking rather than CONSTANTLY pinning medals on yourself and talking down to people like they're complete idiots. Anyone who can afford these cars clearly is successful in life and inteligent. Clearly there are quite a few great transaxles coming on the market in the next few months. Some better than others. Let the consumers tell you how great your product is. Your smugness is almost unbearable. Am I the only one who feels this way?? Enough is Enough!!!!!!!!!!

Mike,

I don't wish to offend you, and in no way am I stirring the pot. I have no business interests here, and I also understand foreign cultures. I am not a Brit, and have lived in 6 countries.

Sorry, you may wish to learn another language, and try to explain yourself in a clear objective manner that offends no one. I have been there and done that, and have plenty of t shirts to prove. The issue is to rectify your errors. I don't think many others find Wanni as you do.

Can you kindly explain where Wanni has been arrogant?

Many people criticized Michael Schumacher for his arrogance. You know his record.

Best Regards

Lets start with Chris Melia's thread on the ZFQ. Wanni came on board, starting making some suggestions. Then, after Chris did not let him in on that project, Wanni starting making personal attacks on Chris and Quaife. The record is there for all to read. Would you like me to cut and paste each line?? I have no doubt about his qualifications or the quality of his product. I'm sure he's quite proud of what he has accomplished and justifiably so. I just don't think its necessary to shove it in our face and trash other people and there product. It smacks of insecurity. Clearly there are several transaxles that will be coming out. So be it. Let the public choose.
As for me, I don't need to know you speak several languages. I don't need to know you understand foreign cultures or have lived in 6 countries. Frankly, I don't care. I could care less about your T shirts. This is the USA and UK. Know your audience. Your posting itself smacks of smugness and arrogance.
Regarding Michael Schumacher, obviously he is the most successful F1 driver in the history of the sport. He is also the most arrogant.

Mike,

Thanks for your kind reply.

If you re-read Wanni's english, not his intention, he did not do a good job.

I agree with that. I also know the people of his part of Italy, and they use that kind of language.

Great about letting the public chose. I would propose:
- we do a neutral test, run and audited by independent companies, observed by all, and then we all go out and have beers or lambrusco

I suspect that we are all talking about small differences, and have our own interests at heart.

Mike, I made my interests to the public, what are yours?

Do you agree with the above?
By the way, you are always welcome for a beer.

Thanks
Dom

Domtoni,

I'm not sure a test is really necessary but I'm not against it either. I'm sure all these gearboxes will be good and if not, the defects will rise to the top and be soon known. That is the beauty of the internet age. I personally like the ZFQ based on its original appearence but I would also like to see more info on the TRT. We heard a little about it but not much more.
Either way, my point in all this, is that no manufacturer should be making personal attacks against another. Likewise, I was raised by my parents to let other people tell you how great you are.
I understand what you are saying regarding the language barrier and Italian culture as my parents are from Italy and you are spot on.

Mike,

no problems.

No anger against you.

I don't disagree with your upbringing, but you know how life is today. If you don't promote youself, no one else will.

Paolo, Wanni please excuse me for this one.

If you ever listen to the critics of the current Italian culture (read the priests of the Catholic Church), they usually criticize the "ego".

So, it is easy to misunderstand true humility versus real arrogance. the two are not that far apart.

What do you do if you write a business plan for your company? one tries to be objective, fair, and understand the competitive threat.

I think our friend did that and published in english, which did not come across very well, what he would have said and written in italian.

The invite is still there for the beer in Chicago, Detroit, UK (you pick your location) or Emilia Romagnia for the lambrusco. If you want a Frascati, or barolo, that can also be arranged !!!

Take care
Dom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back