Nice curves

I took this photo on the weekend. I just HAD to share it. Nice light, and a real good angle, showing one the GT40's best angles:

Attachments

• RF#95NICEASS.jpg
    RF#95NICEASS.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 931
Yes Tim it IS complete. Just waiting for permission to screw a number plate on. Can't be long now.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Tim, are you a professional photographer in another life ? That is a great shot of a beautiful car !!

Are you just waiting on Barry Craig & his mates at the RTA ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Tim

It looks super!

Well done mate, I think you get the forum perseverance award! rockonsmile

After all, it is well worth it!

Bill.

Thanks guys. The 5meg pictures look much better.
Peter, Barry left his job half way thru looking at MY report!! It's with his boss now....... YOU know what that means.......
Here's one from the front:

Attachments

• RF#95 011 small.jpg
    RF#95 011 small.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 809
Hi Tim,

Nice curves alright, looks absolutely stunning! Straining my eyes studying the front on photo trying to identify what tyres your running? I second Bill's motion that you should get the forums perseverance award.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
The tyres are Kumho V70A, only available from Kumho Motorsport Dealers. They are R spec "semi-slick. I have run them on the Elise for a while now and found them better than any R tyre i've tried before. Not much good in a HEAVY rain situation, but brilliant otherwise.
205/40x17 on front
275/40x17 on rear.
One down-side is that they are so sticky they pick up everything and flick little rocks around.

Hi Tim

Awesome work! You'll want to be out driving all the time now to make up for lost time. The car looks surperb, what is the colour red you have used?
Simmons wheels as well?

cheers Stuart

G'day Stuart,
Colour is "Milano Red" it is a Honda colour.
Rims are Roaring Forties 17" pin-drive BRM's. Very nice wheels. RF have ADR compliance on these sexy wheels, so no need to put hollywood style Simmons on. The BRM's are a "must have" for a GT40 IMHO.
Stu, how is your decision making coming along??

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Tim, "Oh No, Barry Craig gone" - what a loss for all of us - NOT !!!

If you are lucky, Harry Vertsonis might be running things for a while - he was the guy that I dealt with during BC's absence on hols, & I found him to be very reasonable, logical & fair-minded (attributes that might see him looking at a redundancy package if the RTA nazis ever find out !!).

PS : Steady on about the "Hollywood Wheels" from Simmons !!! They are not all that bad, are they ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Attachments

• DCP_0626 (Large).jpg
    DCP_0626 (Large).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 645
Sorry Peter, i might have been a bit harsh there. No offence meant. Your car has long been a benchmark for great looking 40's.
BC has a replacement, he has taken over my case. Harry is still in charge though. This week should bring some news, we are down to small points now.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Tim, no offense taken - I was only joking ! (And thanks for one of nicest compliments ever !).

I'm pleased to know that Harry is still in there - he is a nice guy & ultimately, what he says, goes ! Rather than being filled with bile & envy like BC, he seemed to understand the amount of dedication & work that goes into these cars (and the fact that I was not going to build 200,000 of them), so was willing to "bend" a few rules/interpretations to let things go through the process.

What sort of "small points" are you down to now ?

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

G'day Stuart,
Colour is "Milano Red" it is a Honda colour.
Rims are Roaring Forties 17" pin-drive BRM's. Very nice wheels. RF have ADR compliance on these sexy wheels, so no need to put hollywood style Simmons on. The BRM's are a "must have" for a GT40 IMHO.
Stu, how is your decision making coming along??

Really like the wheels! wonder if they fit the DRB setup?

The decision making process was been pretty much reached after Peter was kind enough to take me for a spin in his car. I want one! Although I may have to get a trade in to do so, but not on my car!

cheers

Tim, Nice pictures and stunning paint job! the "Milano Red and Silver " work well together.
It was good to see the new 17" BRM`s on a car, I`m still waiting for my set to arrive in Aus. They do look great.

Are you using the 275/40/17 tyres on 9.5" rims?

I`m currently looking at tyres but want a harder compound for up here

Regards, Burns.
RF #104

Hi Burns,

Based on Tims recommendation, and the fact Kumho had a range of tyres to fit 16" rims, I purchased a set of medium compound V700 265/45/16 & 225/45/16. Ran them on the car at the Marque Sports Car Association Sprints at Sandown last weekend and very happy with the dramatic impovement moving from Falken road radials to R spec tyres. The car was so much more comfortable and stable at speed. Worth checking out Kumho R spec are available in soft, medium and hard compounds, I assume you are looking for a harder compound for your warmer climate.

Andrew

Last edited:
Back