A drive with my 40 on Sunday

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Oh MY-GOSH!!!!!!!!!

That was a tremendous work... I felt like I was in Lemans!!! The sounds of the drive-bys were incredible!!! The tunnel shot was the best! Must've been tricky stopping to let the cameraman out and back in again!

Thank you for sharing that!!

BTW - What trans are you using? The gearing sounds perfect!

Hey Toni
That was awsome, love the sound, are you running weber carbs or weber throttle body injection?

Great work & thanks for sharing with us

Ron

Toni,

Great job!

I think is a great example of a right hand drive GT40 being driven on the street, and passing cars without any issues of being able to see around the car you are overtaking. I liked the closing speed and time it took to pass a car. And what about the car in the tunnel ahead of you, and how fast you caught up to it as the camera panned to the left. Great stuff!!!!!

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Nice Toni....very nice...
Your cars exh tone is perfect.
Thanks for sharing and giving a little boost to those still building. Makes me want to get out in the shop and get busy...;)

If you tried that on an English country road you would soon lose the fillings in your teeth! I must try and get my 40 over to Europe this summer for a blast on some properly surfaced roads - am getting very excited, it's nearly ready - started it yesterday for the first time in 3 years...
You have inspired me Toni, lovely to see a 40 really driven hard...

If you tried that on an English country road you would soon lose the fillings in your teeth! I must try and get my 40 over to Europe this summer for a blast on some properly surfaced roads - am getting very excited, it's nearly ready - started it yesterday for the first time in 3 years...
You have inspired me Toni, lovely to see a 40 really driven hard...

If u wanna do that in italy...well this is the VERY best place where to do it!!! (remember the gumball team polizei..).
With such beauty police will just stop u..to take some pictures...:lol: or (even nicer)...to ask u..how is the top speed u can reach with that.
Just this morning I've seen something similar with a too nice red Ferrari F40, stopped by police near my house..to take pictures!
Its italy..we love all this stuff guys.:pepper:

Btw...in this video under the tunnel u also meet a convertible Porsche.
The 40 is completely another matterrockonsmile ..and at a quarter of price of such luxury sh** (Ross kiwi Porsche terminator will agree;) )

I am happy that my video makes you a lot of fun.
I own this GtD 12 years until now.You all know how
much work it is to make this car from a standard GTD.
I shoud drive slowlier with it.

The carb's are Weber 48 ida's
gearbox is an Zf ds 25/2 4,22 diff and an extra long 5'th gear 0,642

Regards TONI

I am happy that my video makes you a lot of fun.
I own this GtD 12 years until now.You all know how
much work it is to make this car from a standard GTD.
I shoud drive slowlier with it.

The carb's are Weber 48 ida's
gearbox is an Zf ds 25/2 4,22 diff and an extra long 5'th gear 0,642

Regards TONI

..so u had the GTD when u were 31.
Damn..this means I am late!:confused:

Good fun Toni,
Also good that you didnt have wider flares on the back! Because they would take down the garage!

Ive driven in Germany - 125 mph in a light snowfall YIKES! The only thing I didnt like about the autobahn was the big trucks IGNORING the signs overhead that they should STAY OUT of the fast lane. Big rig dead ahead pulling in your lane !!!!! NICE........

Hey, why is that guy standing in the tunnel.......oh, it's my brother how did he get there? :)

thanks for the film

Back