Pictures of the RCR-70

Hi Fran - now that it's in the open, can we have lots of pictures of the Carlisle RCR-70 please !

Can we have a look under the skin too please!

Attachments

• rcr-70.jpg
    rcr-70.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 837

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Peter,

thanks for the link...I hope you like the roll cage with the extra "go fast" front tie bars ....

Not to get off thread but thats the 917 rolling chassis behind the RCR70 at Carlilse .....

Hello Chris,
A first seating always brings a smile to my face. Your car is beautiful. I'm planning a dark blue similar to yours for my car. My original plan was to go stripeless, but after seeing your car I am rethinking that.

Hi Fran,
Your guys did a great job on the full roll cage. Hope I never test it, but well worth the money.

Hi Peter - wish it WAS my car....mine has not yet been built!

Here are my top 3 schemes:

Attachments

• T70mk3B-BOAC69-nr1.jpg
    T70mk3B-BOAC69-nr1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 750
  • T70-THRUXTON69-ch143-nr1.jpg
    T70-THRUXTON69-ch143-nr1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 736
  • T70-THRUXTON69-ch138-nr4[1].jpg
    T70-THRUXTON69-ch138-nr4[1].jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 721
Hi Chris,
Sorry for the confusion. When I saw "RCR-70 (in the post)" in your tag line I assumed it was your car. Those are all great historic schemes. I am a big Mark Donohue fan, so my original idea was to replicate the 1969 24 Hour winner. In the end, I decided I liked the blue but not all the pin-striping on the Donohue car.

Hi Bruce,
I may race it in some vintage events if I find a sympathetic sanctioning body. My car's main use will be track days at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, Illinois. In addition to the full roll cage, my car will have fuel cells, on-board fire extinguisher, and cockpit adjustable sway-bars from Fran's fine list of optional equipment. For driveline, I have a 475hp 383 Chevy from the Engine Factory and a 930 transaxle.

Hi Chris,
Sorry for the confusion. When I saw "RCR-70 (in the post)" in your tag line I assumed it was your car. Those are all great historic schemes. I am a big Mark Donohue fan, so my original idea was to replicate the 1969 24 Hour winner. In the end, I decided I liked the blue but not all the pin-striping on the Donohue car.

Hi Bruce,
I may race it in some vintage events if I find a sympathetic sanctioning body. My car's main use will be track days at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, Illinois. In addition to the full roll cage, my car will have fuel cells, on-board fire extinguisher, and cockpit adjustable sway-bars from Fran's fine list of optional equipment. For driveline, I have a 475hp 383 Chevy from the Engine Factory and a 930 transaxle.

"Cockpit adjustable sway-bars?"...Say, I didn't see those during my visit...

Any chance of getting some pics/details about this?

BTW: Peter - didn't you have your 65 Coupe done by the Gess Motorsports?

Regards,

Hello Kris,

Yes, my 65 Coupe was built by Gess Motorsports. They did a great job. It should be street legal any day now or so the Illinois Secretary of State's office tells me.

You will need to ask Fran about the adjustable sway bars. I thought there were pictures of the sway bar kit on the web-site but I could not locate them.

Back