Is it a kit

When i went on the Superformance website it said the car comes built without the engine and trans. Is this true? Is there any owner-builder options? I really look forward to doing much of my own work. What is the approximate costs of their kits? Compare to the RCR kits. Thanks!!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
As far as I understand, the SPF is offered only as a "Turnkey minus" product. That means that it comes without the drivetrain, perhaps a few other minor items. Most SPF buyers have been opting to have theirs professionally finished, but if I'm not mistaken there is at least one SPF owner on the forum who is finishing his himself. Hopefully he'll chime in with more info.

As to comparison to the RCR, they seem to be two very different animals. If you want authenticity in the tub, the SPF claims that a large percentage of parts interchange with original GT40's. If you want to build your own, IMHO the RCR would be the better choice.

Doug

Currenly, $80K for a "roller." Constructed to Ford's original engineering blueprints. 90+% of the parts will interchange with the 1960's original.

This is not a kit car. Unless you are experienced and able at race-car engineering and construction, you should have somebody else do the installation.

Go to http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/21849-spf-mk2-fuel-system.html
and look at the images and read through the thread. If you are familiar with these types of decisions and installations, then you may be able to do the deed yourself.

A Lynn Miner on this forum is doing his own installation. You will see a posting of his on the above web page.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The SPF and RCR are diferent animals..they share a common thread but that is as far as they can compare.
SPF have done a great job in manufacturing a product for their clients and I feel we supply an equally accomplished, although different ,package for our clientele.

Back