Hot Orange (Pic Heavy - Dialup Beware)

Hi All
My little project finally rolled out of the garage yesterday... Big moment for me so though I'd share a few pics. Got a bit carried away on the PC last night getting rid of the not very photogenic backgrounds :rolleyes: Hope you enjoy...
Front-Side.jpg

Not quite finished yet - but getting damn close :)

In the begining... I ripped off an image off the Lola Heritage site and created a rendering of what I had in mind (Law suits here we come :eek: )

finished.jpg

Think I achieved what I wanted too originally :) Right pleased with the results so far. Hope you enjoyed...

Looking a million bucks Mark, very well done.

When do you get to drive it for the first time, or have you done that already?

Do you have any idea why it was originally built as a left hand drive?

Regards

Fred W B

Hi All
Thanks for the thumbs-up :) Wait 'till it's finished... To say I'm happy with the results so far is a bit of an understatement! This thing stopped traffic (literally) when I rolled it out of my garage...

Drive it Fred??? - What - and get the tires dirty? Honestly though - still pondering the drive train options (er, which is why you ain't seeing any engine shots :eek: ) Fast road or full race... decisions, decisions

Again, thanks for all the positive feedback everybody :D ... Nice feeling when things work out.

Ron Earp

Admin
Mark, that is an excellent and very fast job you guys did. Great dedication, and great looking car. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!!!

Ron

Hi Mark

Sitting here gaaaaazing at the photos, as you do, I wonder if you considered doing the headlight buckets in orange? Maybe you should try a photoshop? I recon it might look even more dramatic like that?

Cheers

Fred W B

Generally I'm pretty quick .......... :eek:

I'm so confused now .... all these different cars are so bad -ass !

Its a good thing I don't have any money, if I did I'd be poor.

GOOD JOB MARK T !!!

Best,
S

Thanks guys :) 'Might' have posted large pics in the Gallery with a bit of help from the our Fearless Leader Ron...

The headlight buckets were orange originally Fred... When I went to the panel beater after the centre gunmetal stripe was done, the buckets just didn't look 'right'... Pondered that one for a while and told them to spray 'em satin black. In my opinion, the car looks alot more balanced now as the black emphasizes the centre stripe on the front clip even more, and ties the black pin-stripe, window frame surrounds, rims, mirrors and tail light section together.
Personal preference I guess, then maybe I'm just placing too much emphasis on the aesthetic... Occupational hazard from being a graphic designer for way too long... (Somebody please shoot me and put me out of my misery :dead: )

Back