New Superlite website and Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
superlitecars.com SUPERLITECARS - 586-557-6460

Drop by ....have a look and post your thoughts on the new Race Car Replicas forum.....

It looks very nice.
Please install a proper powertrain and come to the Nuerbuergring Nordschleife in order to beat the lap record for street legal cars.....7,32.
This is a value which tells everything.
Let it drive to Horst Von Saurma.
Ciao
Wanni

Wanni,

you supply me a transaxle and I will supply the big HP...lets see what we can do....seriously....
come on Wanni...0-100-0 ....would be a fun one to try first.

We are already in talks to attempt the FIA record for an electric powered vehicle with the current electric world speed record holder(Pat Rummerfield White Lightning Information )...

Last edited:
Wanni,

you supply me a transaxle and I will supply the big HP...lets see what we can do....seriously....
come on Wanni...0-100-0 ....would be a fun one to try first.

We are already in talks to attempt the FIA record for an electric powered vehicle with the current electric world speed record holder(Pat Rummerfield White Lightning Information )...

OK Fran,
I supply:
1) A sequential unit, magnesium casted, setted up for 310 Km/h
2) A bell housing
3) A clutch
4) A flywheel
5) A concentric release bearing
6) 2 superchargers with a 2 speed gearbox generating 400 HP
7) 4 Michelin CUP 20"
8) The test driver for the set up
9) The driver for the lap

You supply:
1) An LS7 with the 2 superchargers on it having 750 HP with dry sump
2) Your super lite coupé weighting 850 Kgs and having a center of gravity position about 400 mm with a static distribution 40/60 about and a CV 0,32 max
3) 3 or 4 aerodynamic kits in order to have a down force of 300 Kg in the front and 170-180 Kgs in the rear at 250 Km/h
4) 5 sets of shocks with different set-up
5) 20 sets of springs from 70 to 130 hertz with a jump of 3 hertz between each
6) 5 sets of anti-roll bars from 18 to 26 mm jumping 1,5 mm
7) Internal brake adjustment with carbo ceramic disks

and then we go......
we shall beat the actual lap record which is 7,32 in a consitant way.
The Apollo Gumpert is ready to jump in the game....believe, if it does.....it is for 7,15. It is a real ground rocket.

Let us go???

Ciao
Wanni

Hi Wanni,

Ref. item #6 your supply, who makes your 2 speed supercharger?

Something new in automotive supercharger Design?

The last time I saw one of those it was on a Pratt & Whitney R2800 radial aircraft engine!

Cheers,
Scott

Last edited:
manufactured from Unobtanium....maybe

I guess I was being serious but perhaps my offer was taken in vain.

Wanni.
I can meet all of your requirements quite easily(maybe the odd exception).....its time to step up and deliver....
to be honest it would be easier to just buy your transaxle and do it my way...your mention of composite brakes would cost more than your transaxle so I guess it would be easier to do it my way with a Katech (my old employer) supplied engine... Corvette LeMans championship engine builder......
.....and an Extrac/Emco/Quaife transaxle and take all the glory for RCR not Gearfox.....;)...come on Wanni lets make a real deal....no pie in the sky...there is no need for five sets of shocks,bars etc etc etc..we can do the math data here and dyno the shocks,sway bars along with the springs.???

Last edited:
Dear all,
who is building the 2 speed super charger is a member of this forum and I will let him the pleasure to introduce himself alone. Anyway it is a European Company which adds the fully mechanic automatic 2 speed gearbox to an exhisting supercharger. The result is not too bad.
Fran,
I am more then sure that you know how to build high performance cars.
My point is tha the Nuerburgring is too far away from your facilities to react promptly in case of request of adjustments coming from the test driver.
The economical energies that you shall put in achieving such a target is quiet important, much more then fiew anti roll bars and fiew shocks and fiew springs.
I believe that if we/you will never plan such an activity, we will do it for beating the actual record and not just for participating, correct?
To be good is good....to be the best is better.
The Nordschleife is quiet complicate and needs a specific set up of the car, correct? This track is highly dynamic and the power is important, but also the rest of the influenting parameters are extremely important.
By cornering as fast as possible is a gain as well as braking as late as possible as well as pulling the rev cutter in the long straight line as well as.....as well as....etc...etc...
About the gearbox and the glory my thoughts are following:
1) I have already 2 gearboxes installed on the 3 fastest cars, the 3rd would be great but not so significant.
2) The glory is always for the vehicle doing the job and not for the gearbox or the driver or the engine, but the vehicle....YOURS.
The vehicle is the summary of many components. If all at the same level and all well interfaced, the vehicle is effective. If it really is WE WILL SELL:
Fran 50 cars at ...........probably 350.000 US
Wanni 50 boxes at........probably 12.000 US
But, never mind. I was trying to be positive and propositive.
Of course you are free to have your opinion and you are free as well to refuse or accept a proposition.
On the other side, I feel extremely free to do not support a worldwide event if I feel it is not organised with a minimum of strategies and escape lanes in order to react promptly to a partial unsuccess.
7.40 means nothing when the lap record is 7.32.
If we decide to show our power to the world, we need 7.25 on the paper and enough of influencing parts to adjust on run the car.
It would be extremely stupid to go home by knowing that the 95 hertz springs on the rear would have made the event successfull. How much?????200 US????
Up to you now.
Ciao and regards
Wanni

<< Wanni 50 boxes at........probably 12.000 US >>

Wanni,
I ask again, where are those boxes and how can I buy one in the USA? !!!!
Your stuff looks like good stuff but.....as far as I know we still cannot buy one here........
Where is the guy who is supposed to be selling them?

Seriously.

<< Wanni 50 boxes at........probably 12.000 US >>

Wanni,
I ask again, where are those boxes and how can I buy one in the USA? !!!!
Your stuff looks like good stuff but.....as far as I know we still cannot buy one here........
Where is the guy who is supposed to be selling them?

Seriously.

Dear friend,
the boxes we are manufacturing are an OEM supply to:
Pagani Automobili, Koenigsegg Automotive AB, Gumpert Sportwagen, Lotec Sportwagen, Tramontana Automovil, Ascari Cars, and some more.
We do also supply some tuners like RUF ( Porsche ), MTM Gulf ( Ultima ) and some more manufacturers that we can't pubblicise at this stage. 2 of them are US based and 1 of them is a big car manufacturer in the area of Detroit.
This is to answer where are te gearboxes.
By reading all the threads of this forum you would have appreciate that the appointed US importer will the manufacturer of the Arbitrage Galmer GT.
He has shown his face some days ago on the forum.
The Managing Director of this new company is Kevin Gallahan.
By being member of this forum it is easy to contact him privately by checking his profile.
Down here we are ready to supply and produce for US.....but not without an American holding an American supporting company.
In order we are not clowns and our target is not to make easy money, we need to be ready to support technicly our customers. We are not used to collect the "HONORABLE" money made by an honest work and then leave everybody in the s..t if something goes wrong. We are persuaded to be simply the best in this activity without forgetting that Mr Murphy is always there, ready to spray some problems.
Anyway, if you are in a hurry to be the lucky owner of one of those units, you can purchase it directly from me if Kevin does not feel completely confortable at this stage. All the data are shown on default as well as my face, and my e mail is [email protected].
Attached in the following thread you will find the warranty conditions, in order to be the most transparent partner you can chose for automotive transmission devices..
Regards
Wanni

Cima & Gearfox transaxles
Warranty Conditions.
Transmission Specifications

Max peak input torque – 1.000 Nm - Max output peak torque - 9,000 Nm
H pattern shifting or manual sequential
Max input r.p.m. 7,500 ( anti clock wise rotation.) – 10,000 r.p.m. with nitrurised pump
Full synchronization for all gears except reverse
Possibility for conversion to TSR specifications.
Input shaft spline and length to suit application.
6 forward speed plus 1 reverse.
Weight estimated at approx 88kg .
Forced lubrication by a GEROTOR pump with exit for thermal exchange driven by the primary shaft.
“Torque sensing” type differential, soft racing unit.
Other differentials might be installed if you request but if so do we will re-issue this contract.
Optional Extras include Oil Cooling / Heat Exchanger

Warranty

A nominal warranty of 15 months is supplied with each transmission. It is possible to extend this to 27 months at time of transmission order/purchase by payment of a further € 750 (Euros).
Technical data and operating mode
6 forward + 1 reverse speed with following ratios:
CLOSE RATIO 1st - 2.875 - 2nd - 1.773 - 3rd - 1.267 - 4th - 1.000 - 5th - 0.833 –
6th - 0.711 or 0.733 - Reverse - 3.00 - Rear Axle / Final Drive - To be chosen
• Reverse can be synchronised.
• The maximum inertia to be synchronised is 130 Kg x cm2. Avoid any clutch drag.
• The maximum peak input torque is 1.000 Nm .The maximum spinning torque is 7,000 Nm
• The best operation of the transmission is between 60 and 90 degrees Celsius and after 1.500 Kms. The shifting performances at delivery are reaching 80% of their capabilities.
• The maximum peak temperature is 120 degrees Celsius.
• The lubricant must meet GL5 specifications with 20 cSt at 100 degrees Celsius (for extremely cold countries 14 cSt at 100 degrees C are permitted)are the general oil specifications if GearFox GFX is not used for this application. Any failure due to insufficient lubrication by using other products is not considered claimable as a warranty. A sample of oil shall be produced with the failed part at any warranty claim.
• The lubricant must be replaced every 15.000 kilometres or every year whichever comes first.
• Min oil flow at 80 degrees C and 6,000 RPM is 15lt x min. Please use appropriate piping size for the cooling system. The minimum oil flow area shall be 80 mm2 .
• In the case of a rear tyre puncture or failure the vehicle must be stopped immediately to avoid any damage to the transmission. The concept of the lubrication system does not allow for the vehicle to be towed or to drive down hill in neutral with the engine off.
• Recommended gear lever ratio is about 1:4.5 for H gate, 1: 2,5-3.0 for S shifting, and the recommended size for the engagement cable is about for forces of 120 Kgs.
A floating/elastic holder for the cable sleeve is warmly recommended on the gearbox side in order to avoid the double bump feeling on the lever.

Gearbox application, installation and relative interfacement must be checked and agreed by GEARFOX personnel prior to any use. With or without this factor, there is always the possibility of an acceptable level of noise especially when the vehicle is using carbon fibre as all or part of the chassis.
According to the above mentioned specifications and conditions the transmission is guaranteed for a period of 15 months from shipping date, as indicated on shipping documents issued by Gearfox TC srl for DEMO vehicles except for different agreements (e.g. extension of 12 additional month’s warranty) and it is valid for the period of the vehicle manufacturing and recognised only at the vehicle production plant after an internal quality service claim. As soon as the vehicle leaves the assembly plant, and Gearfox TC srl has received by fax, e-mail or other agreed communication method, that the Gearbox number …. on the vehicle number …. Has left to the nominated dealer, the warranty is temporarily frozen until further communication from the vehicle manufacturer to further add the vehicle registration details. From the date of registration the warranty is recognised for a period of 12 months (24 if there has been an agreed warranty extension). The warranty will become invalid if more than 24 months from the shipping date (36 months if extended). This means that the gearbox cannot stay unused for more than 12 months from the shipping date. If this is the case the gearbox must be returned to Gearfox TC srl for checks and upgrades which will be subject to charge.
The term warranty is used to indicate the replacement or repair, free of charge, of any parts in the transmission that Gearfox TC srl (or its nominated agents) personnel have found to be flawed to the manufacturing defects. The transmission dismounting from the vehicle must be agreed with the Gearfox TC srl (or its nominated agents) after sales department as well as the vehicle return to the car manufacturer’s plant.
The warranty does not cover any parts that prove defective as a result of negligence or careless use, erroneous installation or maintenance, maintenance performed by unauthorised personnel or shipping damage. In other words it does not cover anything which cannot be unequivocally attributed to transmission manufacturing defects. Likewise, this warranty does not cover technical intervention for installation of the transmission.
Defects, anomalies and damage due to normal wear, bad weather conditions and natural events are also excluded from the present warranty.
The parts installed under warranty are covered by the warranty for its natural duration. Any piece replaced during the warranty is the property of Gearfox TC srl.
The warranty is recognised at the Gearfox TC srl operational plants at via Molino di Sotto 28a – 40019 S. Agata Bolognese (BO), Italy. If necessary Gearfox TC srl shall replace the transmission with a functioning one. Gearfox TC srl shall reimburse shipping costs only if the warranty conditions for repair are recognised and the gearbox testing sheet
( attached ) is completely filled by the company test driver.
Any operations required on the transmission must be performed solely at Gearfox TC srl headquarters except different agreements between the parts. You shall bear all costs and risks related to shipping.
Gearfox TC srl will not take into consideration any indications received directly from the final customer (vehicle user) since the company shall only recognise communications from yourself.
Gearfox TC srl declines any responsibility for damages, direct or indirect, to persons, animals or things resulting from non-compliance with the prescriptions and in particular the warnings for installation, engine characteristics, and operation and maintenance of the transmission.
Improper use of the transmission will invalidate the warranty. Track use, Dyno testing and road simulation are all improper uses of the transmission. Tampering with seals on the transmission will invalidate the warranty
Use of the transmission for any purpose other than that indicated herein invalidates the warranty. For example, but not limited to this, if the vehicle is used for competition or in a circuit or on a test bench or with components capable to increase the spinning torque.
The warranty is not recognised if Gearfox TC srl is not notified of the problem within 10 days of its discovered or if the transmission arrives at Gearfox TC srl headquarters without the after sales department agreement.

When the last month warranty (except extensions) has elapsed, the transmission is no longer covered by the warranty and you alone are responsible for all technical service costs as per the GearFox TC price list. The sole exception to this is the replacement of lubricant oil, even after the warranty has expired.
The warranty cannot be extended in any way pursuant to intervention.
While you have the rights to the services covered in the above terms of the warranty, withdrawal from the present contract, replacement of the transmission or reduction of the sale price are expressly forbidden, as is the payment of direct or indirect damages.
Except for the warranty set out in this document, GearFox TC does not recognise any other warranty whether explicit, implicit or statutory, including those regarding marketability or suitable for a particular purpose. Any implicit, legally imposed warranty is limited to the duration of this warranty. In no case can GearFox TC srl be held responsible for any occasional, special or consequential damages, including loss of market or profits due to lack of use pursuant or related to the use or performance of the product, even if GearFox TC srl was notified of the onset of such damages.

Is it fair or not???

Fran, not to be a wisea** or something but Wani has good points on his proposal and is by european standards very serious.

When radical had the record it was more or less the same sortoff combination of building the car in the UK and getting a complete testlab set up there to do the runs,

I don't know wheter you'd be able to come over for a longer period, if not wani offered some good help.
you cannot drive your own record at the ring unless you have done thousands of laps allready.

put a smile on our face and go and do what Ultima should have done ages ago.

remember Wani allready has the record to his name(gumpert uses his transmission), and is merely offering to help you do the same. offcourse he needs a list like this, Those parts of germany has road sections that americans are not even aware of to exist.

grtz Thomas

If there's anyone who could put together the brains, design, logistics and final product for a record run it certainly is Fran (with transaxle support of Wanni). Fran is no doubt sincere in his offer and I suspect Wanni is likewise sincere and serious. The economics are not easy however as the custom tailoring of the chassis and engine, along with the transportation of equipment and people and on-site tuning is easily a six figure undertaking - not a small pill to swallow for a side-line research project of a non-major auto manufacturer. There may be a good number of people here on the forum who would be willing to dedicate time, expertise, money and various support services for the comraderie and thrill of being involved in such a project. I suspect it could be done, and, very probably create a serious record contender! The possibilities are very exciting!

Cliff, I asume Fran is someone who can pull this off, I meant absolutly no harm to him or RCR, I've been in the kitcar scene long enough to know who's name is worth something and his certainly is. (we euro kitbuilders don't normaly even look at usa produced cars but everyone knows his)

However I got the feeling that everybody was walking all over Wanni again, so thought to bring up some confidence for/in him.

I don't think it will ever happen but it would be very nice to have a Kit on the record board of The Ring again! and as Ultima has no intention of trying to achieve what they more or less say can be done. I got my hopes up for RCR,

there's a good reason that in about every form of motorsports the transmission components are by far the most expensive parts of the vehicle,
so if one was serious about going to germany wether it would be ehra lessien or the Ring. it would be wise to hook up with someone like mr Allbertini.

the supercharger he's talking about would be the Antonov rotrex system, easily the best in the world at the moment.

grtz Thomas

ps: again I understand that some folk have problems with the italien attitude but lets for once try and look beyond that, Enzo was a terrible man also but did he make some interesting stuff.

Many things need to be taken into account….
A couple of examples spring to mind..

Ultima has sold millions of dollars worth of product in the past 20 years of business.
The cars themselves have proven to be very worthy contenders in the “supercar” performance stakes but the mainstream still refers to the car as a “kit car” and all the bad connotations that this name carries..

Radical has been able to shake this a little with their approach but a full on race Le Mans style race programme has bolstered their position ands reputation.

Noble has sold cars into the US market place with great success and never had to prove themselves on any World level attempting to break records….

If we ran the ring faster than an F40 would it translate to having a reputation like Ferrari?

So does waving ones manhood around in public translate to more sales?

As much as I would enjoy the physical challenge of running an SL-C at the ring, running here in the States is far more appropriate , and using drivetrain components that are relative to the home market sources , that don’t suffer from currency fluctuations are where its at for me….hence my use of the Ford GT transaxle and the LS7 as the new package, along with the standard G50 packaging….

That being said I hope to have a CIMA/Gearfox box here very soon for evaluation…

Thanks for the votes of confidence………

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back