R.C.R website updates

Nice to see the additional pictures of completed cars, though you still need more of the RCR-70 Coupe. I'll be happy to provide pictures of mine when it is finished.:D

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fran is that my car in the second set of pictures in your shop?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Crud.... :(

I was really hoping for a sneak-peak... Can that be arranged? :)

BTW - I like the forum feature!

I would love to send you pics but Chris Melia in the UK has one of Digital cameras and someone has stolen my very expensive good one......so I am a little pissed to say the least....

I am going to attempt to find the time to buy a new one this week....best laid plans and all that......any recommendations anyone????

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, I can say my Canon 540 was good - flew off the Miata in turn four at VIR with Malcolm driving and got run over, was repaired for $75.

Seems I needed to check a radiator hose seconds before he rolled out on track and I left the camera that I was holding orphaned in the engine bay once the hose check was done. Another competitor said he saw it fly out from underneath the car and get whacked. We went out after the end of the test day and got it back, busted fairly badly but the factory fixed it up and it works great. Buy in price was about $200 in those days. It is only 5.0 mega pixels, but that is far more than you'll ever post on a website, or that someone will be willing to download.I'm sure a 5 pixel camera is $125 these days or less; get you one!

Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
My old digital camera took a dump while I was shooting by a welder (hint - digital cameras do NOT like magnetic fields).
I just bought a Canon S3 from Amazon for $309 (now I'm ticked - its on sale for $280)
Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot Pro Series S3 IS 6MP with 12x Image Stabilized Zoom: Electronics

This camera does 6mp, has 12x optical zoon and a Macro focus that will allow you to fill the entire frame with a Penny, will take high speed action photos as well as movies..

The most bang for the buck that I found..

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
With my work in the desert, I've become a digicam junkie over the last 3-4 years. I buy one, use it here for a few months and resell it. The Algerians I work with get a great deal on a slightly used camera, and I get a new toy every few months.

Lately, I've been using pocket digicams with Image Stabilisation technology and it's good stuff. They're a little more expensive than those without it, but it all but eliminates jitter in the photo induced by the holder. Both Canon and Sony have done a good job with this technology, while the Casio's seem to be the least developed.

The Canons have a shorter focal length than the competition, which allows you to get in really close (10cm or so) to take good macro photos of small parts, nameplates, etc. Neither the 500 series Sony's nor the 600 series Casios have as short a focal length, so their macro modes are not as useful.

Back