Fuel Pump, Weber-style

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
While many would agree that, early on, fuel pumps were by Bendix, the fact is that these items, just like the Stewart Warner 204, don't exactly grow on trees anymore.

If I understand correctly, Facet manufactures a line of pumps very similar in appearance to the Bendix pump used so many years ago. In fact, the Facet 480532 is equipped with a replaceable filter, is good for 45 GPH at 6 to 8 psi.

For those such as myself who will be running a 331 with Webers shortly, I'd be grateful for learned opinions and comments from those who've been down this path.

Thanks in advance,

T.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the links, James.

Posing my question another way, has anyone had recent experience with the Facet/Bendix pumps that they'd be willing to share with the rest of us? The pump I'm looking at (see below) puts out 45gph at 6 to 8 psi. Using Webers, we'll definitely need to drop the pressure to the 2 to 3 psi range. Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• Facet Fuel Pump 480534.jpg
    Facet Fuel Pump 480534.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 466
I pressure tested the 2 facets fitted and both delivered 20kpa. Tried different springs and got to 27kpa. The Holley requires 40-49 kpa so I binned the facets and fitted Holley Blue pump with regulator set to 45kpa. Problems solved, and carburetion became tunable and ridable.

If your Webers require less fuelpressure than Holley you could be in.
JH

What I mean is that measured at the hose where it enters the carb setup, the brandnew Facets were nowhere near 6-8psi. one psi being 6,9something kpa.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Appreciate the input, Johann.

When looking at the Facet line, I was initially surprised at the number of pumps they offer and the variety of different fuel volumes and pressures.

Has anybody else given these pumps a try?

T.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I have one fitted to my car feeding the swirl pot

It seems to run ok - really noisy when it sucks air under braking.

But the engine spec is reasonably mild compared to some and a max of about 270hp

Ian

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I might be off the pitch here but I thought it was adviseable to use an in-line pressure regulator with Webers.
Most set-ups I have seen use a separate regulator in conjunction with the pump control to maintain fuel flow and pressure rates to Webers especially when using in-line filters after the pump.

Last edited:
Back