Goodwood Festival of Speed

Hi
I hope someone can help... I am taking my Father (and son) to Goodwood on Saturday (23rd June) and was hoping someone could let me know the best place to see a GT40 up close... my father did his apprentiship for Ford at Lola and worked on the original GT... I think it's been a while since he's seen one so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you walk around the paddock I'm guessing there's a good chance at least one of the Ford owned originals will be there too

I'll be there with P 4/5

Attachments

• DSC00204%203.jpg
    DSC00204%203.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 895

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi
I hope someone can help... I am taking my Father (and son) to Goodwood on Saturday (23rd June) and was hoping someone could let me know the best place to see a GT40 up close...

I'm taking my Dad on Saturday too - snap!
With my girlfriend, who's taking her Dad+stepmum too!!

Anyway, you will normally find at least 1 original 'doing the hill', and parked in Cathedral Paddock whilst off it

A couple of years ago there were 2 more (1 being Adrian Newey's that he crashed @ Le Mans Classic last year) and they were using the F1 paddock.

As Tony says, go to the GT40 Enthusiast's Club stand, there are normally 2 members' cars there, I presume it will be the case this year too.

Occasionally find one in the car park, though I'll not be taking mine as there ain't enough seats!

2005 saw a few other originals +replicas dotted about.
2004 was the best though, they were all over the place (40th anniversary year).
Recent years have also seen 1 or 2 Ford GT's about as well.

Cheers,

Max +Maxine

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I'm taking my Dad on Saturday too - snap!
With my girlfriend, who's taking her Dad+stepmum too!!

Well, we all had a jolly good day out, despite the rain, thunder, lightning & hail! These were only a minor interruption to some, sometimes very warm sunshine though, a classically changeable weather day.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I'll be there with P 4/5

Saw it, looking fantastic, though couldn't get any clear photos due to the crowds around it at that time. I believe I saw you there youself as well, though busy talking to someone, probably about the car no doubt!

Great day out... even with the rain!... will definitely be back next time... thanks to the guys at the Enthusiasts Club stand for the chat... cars looked fantastic.

#1003 was on a stand away from the action.
Ratty old thing with the interior messed about with pile carpet.
Apparently the owner was Gregor Fisken....according to the chap looking after it.

Nice article in September edition of 'Performance Ford Australia & New Zealand' on the Festival of Speed..... Pages 76 - 81.

But then I would say that, they used some of my photos....:D:D:D

Actually it's my first copy of the mag and a great read in my opinion, you guys n girls, (or should that be sheilas?) have a great range of cars to play with and decent weather to boot..... now where's me passport..??

But then I would say that, they used some of my photos....:D:D:D
I’ll be buggerd!!! You took the pic of the GT 40 on page 81. What a great shot. I got my copy of Performance Ford in the mail yesterday. It’s certainly a good write up on the festival. Are the two 40’s on page 81 original?

Cheers,
Danny

Yep - both original, not too many there this year, unlike last.

Also used Capri, Lotus 49, M19C, F3L, Tyrell Cosworth 006 and rear of F3L under the Goodwood Bridge on p114.... Chuffed!:pepper:

Next stop - 'The Revival'...

Back