How do latches attach?

Could someone explain to me how they attached the front and rear side latches? I feel like an idiot but I just can't seem to come to a workable conclusion. Pictures would be good.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
It depends on which latches you have.
I have attached a sketch (I think from ERA) and a photo of the brackets to give you the general idea of how the original types were assembled.
On original cars the fixing screws passed sideways through the box section which I believe might be a stronger fit.

Attachments

• Hartwell Latch Drawing.gif
    Hartwell Latch Drawing.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 678
  • Chassis Brackets.jpg
    Chassis Brackets.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 604
Curious minds are at it again.............

I have seen GT40s with just the standard latches, and some with the competion safety pins near the rear roof line. Are the safety pins required if you are going to race or open track your car? Or would this fall into the lets be safe catogory?

Thanks,

Ron McCall

Supporter
Dean,

I'll try to get a few pictures of mine for you later today. Are you using the latches from Pegasus? If so,you have to weld on a 90 deg tab to the part that attaches to the chassis.No big deal though.

Later

Thanks everyone, as usual, Problem answered before I got out of bed today. I love this sight.

Ron, that is what I was looking for. I suspected that but wasn't sure.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dean,

I'll try to get a few pictures of mine for you later today. Are you using the latches from Pegasus? If so,you have to weld on a 90 deg tab to the part that attaches to the chassis.No big deal though.

Later

Do the latches not come with the RCR?

Do you have a link to the latches that you selected?

Thanks..

Yes, they come from RCR. They are the same that Pegesas sells. They still need to be modified. I am sure if you ask Fran to do it for you he will. He has been very accomidating to all my special request. I really don't think it will be a big deal. I have to weld up some other stuff for the car today anyway.

Back