my nut question for Fran

:) Hi, Fran,
was looking at RCR superlite coupè, and was asking myself if can maybe possible to fit on her a 965/962 replica body (dunno the distance between front wheel and rear wheels..maybe similar to that porsches in dimension).
I really dunno..just curious,will be wonderful to see a Rothmans replica..;)

Best

Paolo,
Somebody in the US already makes one, Fran knows the guy. There was some discussion of a different guy using the first guys parts to build and offer a 965 that was ''his''. So there are at least two ways to get one at the moment. BTW I think the P and the 965 are pretty close in wheelbase.

ciao

The issue is not wheelbase but the distance from the axle centerline to the firewall...a 962/956 has a 12-14" spacer between the engine and transaxle....
Derek Smith ...962 builder and I have mused over this dilemma many times and as yet have not found a cost effective solution......for originality or a more affordable replica....
Dont forget taht Derek sells the bodywork minus everything..windshield headlight covers etc etc etc for 20k...so the car does become quite expensive quite quickly.

Paolo the guy you list buys all his parst from Derek and is jusr reselling them as his own.

Back