Looking for MkIII builder with KVA body/GTD chassis

Hi
I've just restarted the build of my kit after a lay off of some 20 years!! And now I'm beginning to find the issues.

The first one is that I've worked out that I have a KVA MkIII body and GTD chassis and when I align the centre body section with the pre-drilled chassis holes, there's not enough room for the fuel caps to be mounted. Hence have concluded I need to move the body section back but foresee this will cause a few issues!

So...ideally would like to talk thro with someone who's been there/done that and if there's a chance of taking some measurements off their car that would be great!

Paul

Jim Pearson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Paul,

I'm in Bollington so practically your next-door-neighbour!

I have a GTD with GTD Mk1 body, not the same as your set-up but if it's of any assistance you're very welcome to have a look.

PM me for details.

Regards,

Jim

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Paul,
I have a GTD with KVA body. You are welcome to have a look and take any measurements you need. I am in the Oldham area so not too far. You can contact me via Email: [email protected]. Also I will be at the GT40 Enthusiasts club meeting this Wednesday (4th) at the Whipping Stocks, Stocks Lane, Over Peover, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 9EX at about 8.30pm if you can make it.
Cheers
Mike

Hi
this is the best advice I can give you and I personally like the MK111, Fit a MK1 GTD body, it will make the build easier and the car will be worth far more than the cost of the new body at the end, it will also be easier to sell when the time comes.

Regards

Chris.

PS. I also sell GTD bodies, tel 01638 510136

Back