Quick gauge of interest in Hans Device

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I just started working for Motion Dynamics, a performance shop I worked for a few years ago, again and we got contacted by the manufacturers of the Hans Device and they would like to make us a dealer. Only problem is the buy in. We're a pretty small shop as far as overhead goes, so that's a little bit of a problem. So I thought I would gauge interest in a group buy with you guys, as you all seem to be the racing & track day type. Haha My kind of people!!
You can check out their site here...
Welcome
I'm just gauging interest right now, I'm not sure of the price breaks or any of that stuff at the moment. If you are interested, just post "I'm Interested" and I'll contact you via PM.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Hamilton

Sounds great so far guys. Have any of you looked at their site? If so have you picked out which model you would be interested in?

Malcolm
I don't think getting it to the UK would be a problem at all, only shipping would be more expensive obviously.

Thanks again,

Brian

If you are planning to use the Hans in the GT40 be sure to select the correct model, they come in 3 "rake" angles, with the fairly extreeme laid back seat angle in the 40 you will probably need the 30 deg option. You also need to ensure that your helmet can be drilled (and still retain FIA certification) to accept the anchor post for the device, If your helmet is more than 2 or 3 years old you may run into strife.

Iain

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
I have doubts a hans device is going to be useful in a GT40, with a roll bar cage running around the top of the windscreen.With my helmet on I probably have an inch of clearance between helmet and bar. This means the hans straps would have to be so short, left to right head movement would be restricted.
Ross

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
The helmet/bar clearance is between the front of the helmet and side of bar, you would have to be very short for your head with helmet to clear under the bar.
Ross

Brian Hamilton

Sorry guys, we decided not to become a dealer. The buy in was too high and the annual purchase requirement was as well with the interest level we had. :( If you're still interested I can locate a dealer for you to contact?

Let me know,

Brian

Back