tall drivers

Hi Fran,

Is there anyway to configure the RCR40 to accomodate a 6'5" driver? I have a 34" inseam and thought I might be able to angle the seat and modify the footbox depth to accomodate my lanky body.
PS - I saw Ron's car this weekend and now I'm very interested in starting a build, but want to be sure it's a comfortable fit for me.

Thanks!
Mike

I am 6'3 and I didn't need the Gurney bubble. ( I did it anyway because it looks cool) I think Fran could make it work for you.

LOLA's leg room: The other day when we were at the TRACK (see Lola one-off) I sat in passenger seat (left hand) and when trying to STOP, I slid down into bottomless pit of excess leg room (did NOT have 5-point harness on). THUS, I would say that a "big guy" can easily fit into chassis with "adjustments"....

Attachments

• New Car in shop Cherry corner back.jpg
    New Car in shop Cherry corner back.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 425
Thanks guys, this sounds promising. I was thinking of building either a Daytona coupe or the RCR40. Neither being exactly a practical car, it sounds like the the GT40 would be easier to get in and out of also. You kinda have to be a contortionist to get into the Daytona coupe. ONce in, it's very snug..

Fran - talk soon! Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I have an FFR coupe with kirkey seats and all the other things to help me fit (I'm 6'4", 230, with a 36" inseam). I fit, but it is snug. I have a GT40 mk 1 on order with Fran and fit much better in that car due to the seat position and extended foot box. It is actually more comfortable than my coupe. Hope that helps.

Mark

Back