Mr. Earp and members of this forum re: GBOX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Earp, I am aware that posting in this section requires forum sponsorship and would like to obtain some further information regarding sponsorship and advertising. I have reviewed the sponsorship page and find the pricing and services very fair, competitive and understandable. I will be sending a PM regarding some more information before I make the decision on which level of sponsorship we will purchase. I will be follwoing through on some level of sponsorship within the next couple of days, so if you could please not delete this posting, I would appreacite it. I knew the day would come eventually, and it seems it is time to make an investment in this community.

To the members of this forum and those reading this posting, this is a story of how I came to form a company called GBOX. It will serve to announce our formation and formal opening for business.

My name is Ryan, and I once had a dream to build a car, a fast car, a beautiful car, and one that would satisfy my desire to own a mid engined machine.

I would purchase a 1969 Fiberfab Valkyrie, off of Ebay and have it delivered to a rented shop in Connecticut where I lived at the time. I began pulling it apart to determine the extent of it's damage and determine my plans for the remaining construction. I would soon move back to Colorado, to return to insurance sales and building cars in my spare time with a partner and friend still residing there. This was the financing and support I would need to begin my construction.

Eventually I would buy a house with a 2000 sq. ft. garage and 3 bays plus a grease pit to fullfill my part time hobby and side business. The real reason was to find a suitable location that would not change to begin the buildup of my Valkyrie.

A year later, and many projects on the home later, I had collected 4 different transmissions for my car. A Porsche 930, a Renault 369-08, and 2 Audi AAZ 016 gearboxes. I was sorting out which gearbox I would use when I answered a small ad on craigslist for a job in Racing. I was selling auto insurance at the time and a job in racing sounded spectacular over sitting in my cubicle and drooling over cars I could not afford. I answered the ad with my resume and a letter about myself and my experience with custom cars, and my passsion for automotive performance.

I was contacted a month later about the position after honestly forgetting about it, and taking another job as a tax consultant. The owner called me one day and we began talking about the position and the company. He started off with some basic information and he began listing off some of his current customers. The list included Mosler, ALMS customers, and other notable race teams. I was stunned, and asked "Excuse me sir, but what is your company?" He answered with "NAME NOT TO MENTIONED ON THIS FORM, HOWEVER SOME OF YOU MAY KNOW WHO I WORKED FOR." I will not mention the name of the comapny and will leave it for the members of this forum and their keen ability to google to find this information at their conveinance. I was stunned again, and began asking his availability on gear sets, G50's and other things relevant to custom Porsche transmissions. I was given some info, but not enough to satisfy my requests. Regardless we aranged a time to meet down at the shop with the current manager.

I took the time off from my new position to run down the road only 45 miles to the shops location and meet with the staff of "name not to be mentioned." I arrived to find a small one bay shop in the back corner of an industrial complex. I walked in and saw 3 people milling around an old 1960's westinghouse fridge and making coffee. I intoduced myself and began to meet the people who made up "name not to be mentioned." I began talking with Stan and Scott, the 2 techs about my projects and who I was. I also talked with the manger about my experiences and referances. We would go out for some breakfast and continue our disccusion.

In the process of our meeting I learned I was coming in to replace the current salesman. I was not to happy with this, but I was being offered a position with "name not to be mentioned." So I took the job and quit tax consulting that day. I would arrive the next morning ready to begin what I would hope to be the last job I would ever want, building and selling custom Porsche gearboxes for some of the most awesome cars on the planet.

Soon, the current salesman would be let go and I took on a book of business that most sales guys would kill to run. I would not be so happy as the months moved on, and I found out more about who I was working for.

This is the point at which I can not and will not divulge any more information regarding the operations, tactics, management style and financial conditions of "name not to be mentioned." I will say that I held my tounge for most of my time there, and never approved of what was going on, or how the company was being run. The details of the operations and ownership vendor and customer relations are appauling! Currently there is no experienced sales or technical employees curently working there. Myself, Scott and Stan all left.

6 months would pass, and many builds.

"Mr. G", your build was a priority for me, but not for the owenrship. Hence a side cover!!! I personally machined your gearbox for the oiling system, on a vertical milling machine I purchased with my own money.

"Mr. H", your build came out very well, and I do hope you continue to enjoy your gearbox.

Your two gearboxes gentleman were a pleasure for me and I can attest to their quality, as I was there every step of the way. There were others, in additon to yours, and I encourage them to contact me here personally with any problems or questions.

Now you are wondering why and who, and how, or where and there are many other questions that forum memberrs may still have.

This posting is not designed to answer them all, or detail all of the information. It is the formal announcement to the members of this distinguished forum that myself, Stanley, and Scott have begun the great task of starting a company dedicated to quality, honesty and performance.

We had too, as our names were beginnig to be associated and dragged down with "name not to be mentioned."

We have formed GBOX LLC. "Performance Gearboxes", and invite all inquiries and questions. Our contact information is listed below. I ask that you visit our website, I just finished a majority of the content this past monday and will be adding to it as time permits. Please let me know how it looks.

Gentleman I could write for days, but in the interest of time and a short bell 930 that I am building for a 914-V8 project. I must get off and get some work done. There is no time for banter when you are self employed, and on a mission.

I offer my time, and my services to you gentleman, and it is and always will be my pleasure!

Take care gents!

Thank you sir,

The reputation of Gearfox is well know, and begining to gather strength across the pond as they say!

Cheers and good luck in your endeavours as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back