The edit button, Where did it go?

I remember when you posted to a thread, you could review your post, and if you made a mistake (yup, been there-done that), you could hit the edit button to make corrections to your post.

Is their a new way to do this, and my brain is not seeing it, or did it go away (and if so, why)?

Thanks everyone,

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Gary - For some reason there is a timer on the edit button and it goes away after a little while.. Something to do with unscrupulous people editting messages in a bad way... I don't really get it but it's not my house so I just accept it and move on..

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Guys,

You have an hour to edit your posts.

People in the past were making statements and when they were quoted, if they didn't like the light it cast them in, they would go back and edit the statement; later, they would claim, "I didn't say that." For forthright persons, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Unfortunately, some people are less than forthright and sometimes they are downright devious; that's just human nature.

Regards,
Lynn

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Lynn

I have to agree with your statement about people.

I have always said " I love mankind I just can't stand people "

Dimi

Hi,

I am aware of the one hour deal. As soon as my last post was done, and I looked at it to see it, I saw a typo,and no edit button. Really.

Gary, all you have to do is preview your post prior to submit and correct as reqd, you can do that as many times as you like, that way us ole fella's that are having trouble with all this new tech can fix our stuff ups without anyone knowing!!

Jac Mac

And just to make you wonder it allowed me to edit this one!

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Doh juse seeing if ikin edut thus.

Yes the edit button was there although I had to double click to activate it.
I agree with Jacmac though preview is the way to go.

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Gary,

There was a problem with the system. The Silver Supporters couldn't edit their posts at all. This was a mistake when setting up the system and since there aren't that many supporters compared to general membership nobody caught it til now. Sorry about the troubles there, I've altered that UserGroup and it should show up now. Please check it.

As far as edit time Lynn hit the nail square on the head there. The time stays. I'm a member of too many forums where user alter their posts hours, days, or even weeks after posting. Most forums are going to a limit on editing and those that aren't generally have a lot more noise than signal. Having the knowledge that you can't change text to suit purposes generally increases the level of thought before making a post. Generally.

Ron

Ron,

I agree with the one hour rule 100%.

This is a test, only a test........................................................

Happy to report the edit button is there, and works just fine.

Thank you very much Ron,

Happy trails................and in the famous words of Bartles & James.......

Thanks For Your Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Back