Autocar First Drive review of the Mk.I

$98,000 L$s!! Gadzooks, that is over twice what the car costs here in the good ole USA! Who can afford one of those at that price? Why is there such a huge price difference between here and there, UK is closer to South Africa.
Do you have Democrats in the UK?(be careful, they may be going under a different name), that might explain the difference, being some sort of fun tax, or speed tariff.

I note that there is a marked difference in the engine specs in the text and what is listed in the block at the bottom. Could it be that the tested item in the text is a 4.7 L. and the blocks at the bottom are for the 7.0 L.?

I think the price differential (almost $200,000 USD) is probably all about taxes, tariffs and such.

But the write-up does make you want one all the more, doesn't it . . . . . .

I note that there is a marked difference in the engine specs in the text and what is listed in the block at the bottom. Could it be that the tested item in the text is a 4.7 L. and the blocks at the bottom are for the 7.0 L.?

I think the price differential (almost $200,000 USD) is probably all about taxes, tariffs and such.

But the write-up does make you want one all the more, doesn't it . . . . . .

Have already pointed that out to Matt re the spec and yes you are right, import tax, VAT etc do add a hefty amount, the cost also takes into the account the provision of a full warranty.

The bottom line though is that it is a glowing review of the GT40 Continuation.

Last edited:
Back