What has happened to kraftwerkz

Just been looking around on the web and noticed both the Aus site and us site have gone??

Has the business been sold or somthing??

Thanks
Ash

I heard a lot about that car.. and some of it was about how troubled it was. There was a huge post in a forum a while back from Graham (he talks on this board!) that bought one. After he finished the car, he showed at a various shows and left people who saw it awe struck. He went on to say that the kit was totally garbage and that just about every part of it had to be reworked or completely redone by him; to the extent that only a few, if any of the parts were actually sourced from kraftwerkz.

theres more about it here
Porsche Forum @ CKnet

but as far as the company goes, didnt they try to sell the molds and the rights to the car? They probably did go out of business!

ow ok

well i went to there little factory about 3 yrs ago and had a look at the cars and they looked well built?

Having said that I was so excited to see a replica 917 that looked like a 917 I might have missed the inperfections!

Ash

Hello,

My name is Randy Thomas, I am representing Kraftwerkz in the US. If anyone is interested in more information about the Kraftwerkz 917, 917K or the Werkz 906 due of spring 2008, please contact me.

Randy Thomas

Attachments

• Werkz 906 Nov' 06 020.jpg
    Werkz 906 Nov' 06 020.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 5,517
Hello,

My name is Randy Thomas, I am representing Kraftwerkz in the US. If anyone is interested in more information about the Kraftwerkz 917, 917K or the Werkz 906 due of spring 2008, please contact me.

Randy Thomas

Randy,

Please send me a link to the Werkz906 site. Did I meet you at Rennsport when you were with Andrew?

Dick Klingaman

Ottokar has recently bought 2 from Kraftwerk (Gulf and Martini), Graham can still make them (using genuine moulds from David Piper's car no 10) and there is a company in South Africa that does 917s.

Back