WTB: Ford GT transaxles

Guys,
anyone a Ford dealer here that can help me out with a discount purchase of three new transaxles..with clutch and flywheel.....
Thanks

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I am a Ford guy and can help.

Fran,
call me at work 716-684-0010 ext 110 and I will get you prices, they can be "drop shipped" direct from the PDC.

Rick

Ron Earp

Admin
Five Star Ford used to be a sponsor of the forum and deals in a lot of FMS/SVO stuff (don't know what the proper name is nowadays for Motorsports stuff). They used to provide a discount to forum members. If you wish to have their contact info I can dig it up.

Ron

Fran,
I spent a considerable amount of time looking at the Ricardo Transaxle when doing the research for my car, At the time they did not have a dog box version so we had to rule them out, otherwise it seemed like a really good option. I spoke to their development engineer who was really helpful and was keen to do the dog box but needed a minimum order of 30 ! I have copied his details below for your records, you never know when you might need them,

Iain

Hi Iain,
Sorry to take so long to get back to you but I have been looking at possibilities for developing a gearkit for the GT as you know. I have nothing solid yet but I will continue to see if I can develop a possibility I'm working on.
I'll let you know of any development soon.
Regards,
Iain Wight
Director, Business Development
Motorsport
Ricardo UK Ltd
Radford Semele
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
CV31 1FQ
Direct: +44 (0)1926 477152
Mobile: +44 (0)7717 328401
Fax: +44 (0)1926 319352
Reception: +44 (0)1926 319319
e mail:
mailto:[email protected]

Iain,

thanks.

I have been dealing with Mick Strong in the UK Ricardo motorsports group.

They are prepared to cast me a case with a removable bellhousing using all Ford GT internals...

I have to commit to 40 units per year to offset the tooling cost for the case.

The price is still being discussed but for cars of the Superlite Genre...this kind of box would be a great unit and would solve alot of issues as it would be new and available....and very fairly priced...what do you think???

The nice thing is that the whole internal package has been tried and tested in at least 3500 Ford Gt's and has stood the test of 1000hp Ford Gt's with no adverse effect....
I have been in discussion about having a paddle shifter system to complete the package and its very feasible for well under 3k usd......from a US manufacturer http://www.mastershift.com

Too bad its too large for the GT40's though....

Unfortunately Ricardo cannot sell Ford boxes directly hence my asking for info on a deal on them......

Last edited:
As far as the price goes the Ricardo / GT transaxle was extreemly good value, do you think you would be able to commit to 40 units a year ?

We have a Ferrari 360 GT that races in our group (Friend of Ross N !) that uses a paddle shift system, the owner is not a particularily agressive driver however he employs a professional to drive his car sometimes and he is not a big fan of the system in a race car, great for the road but unreliable and with "a mind of its own " at race pace.

Iain

I agree on the paddle shift system from Ferrari...not much more than a glorified automatic tap shift in many America sedans...

I am hoping that the Mastershift unit will be tunable for shift time algorithms...I know we could shift the IRL cars with an Xtrac in under 60ms...

As far as commiting to 40 units...that is a big commitment without being able to sell to other low volume manufacturers....but I am giving it some major thought though....

I am sure there are some enterprising Australians...or an Englishman in Australia that may be able to help......;)

Last edited:
Back