LIME ROCK - Labor Day Vintage Races

Folks:

We plan to be at the Vintage Races over Labor Day weekend at Lime Rock Racetrack in Connecticut. We have a couple of RV spaces along the short straight just before the bridge and "downhill." We should have both a MKI ERAGT and MKII Spyder there, weather permitting. There is vintage racing on Saturday and Monday and a NE Shelby Club car show on the track on Sunday (a non-race day.) If you are in the area, stop by and say "Hey."

Jim Holden

Jim,
I'll be there all three days as I live fairly close to the track.It will be great to see your cars and to meet you.

See you there!

Eric Johnson
Clinton Corners,NY

Eric:

I look forward to it. My family recently sold what used to be the family farm on Bulls Head Road (and Willowbrook Rd.). It had been in one branch of the family or another for almost 200 years. Beautiful country (and back roads) to cruise... Nothing like driving "around the block"; over to Stanfordville, up route 82 to Pine Plains, over 199 toward Millerton, down 22 to Amenia and the west on 41 to Millbrook and back up 82 to Stanfordville. Just about long enough.

Jim

Jim,
You're right,there are some super roads around here.Not much traffic either.I'm really lucky to live and work in this area.Your "circuit" is one I take quite often.My personal Nurburgring is: Rt 82 north Stanfordville,then blast up Bangall Amenia rd (the best!)to rt 44, 44 to "The Shunpike"-be carefull as you enter the foxhole!-then back to Hibernia where I live.

For you folks attending Lime Rock some great roads near the track include rt 7 to Kent,CT , Rt 41 north from Lakeville to the Berkshires,rt 44 from Sharon to Lakeville is gorgeous.

Great architecture abounds in the area.Love that pagoda on the terraced hillside at the main access rd. to the track. The stone church that you see on tv, Ex-racer John Fitch's old house on Salmon Kill rd is lovely.

See you at the track!

Eric

Ps. Was your farm the old Bentley Farm?

Mark,

You are correct. No race engines on Sunday. There is a car show sponsored by Hemmings on Sunday if I'm not mistaken.

I'll be there.

413-977-4408 or 413-222-6608

Cheers,
Scott

The weather loooks like it's going to be great for the weekend. A great opportunity to come out and head for the Berkshire hills, see some old cars and just kick back for a while.

Jim

Attachments

• spyder MkII.jpg
    spyder MkII.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 275
Back