R.C.R.917 New bodypanels

Here are some pics of the new bodypanels......
Brad,our composite Guru, who is to be thanked for all of the RCR projects, pulled these STRAIGHT from the moulds....and mounted them for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• 917-1 013 (Small).jpg
    917-1 013 (Small).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 841
  • 917-1 011 (Small).jpg
    917-1 011 (Small).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 831
  • 917-1 009 (Small).jpg
    917-1 009 (Small).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 870
  • 917-1 015 (Small).jpg
    917-1 015 (Small).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 848
  • 917-1 016 (Small).jpg
    917-1 016 (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 822
Last edited:

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Sweet! My six year old says "cool" and that he wants one. Planning any go cart sizes?

More....

Attachments

• 917-1 007 (Small).jpg
    917-1 007 (Small).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 806
  • 917-1 006 (Small).jpg
    917-1 006 (Small).jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 803
  • 917-1 001 (Small).jpg
    917-1 001 (Small).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 851
That's it...
I'm off to watch LeMans for the billionth time.

In the early 70's my buddy and I would race our AFX cars hour after hour..... we had a pretty cool track layout in my garage. I was the 512 Ferrari guy and he drive the Gulf 917. The sideview of the body sitting on the cart reminds me of how the bodies would snap off the chassis so that you could change 'em back and forth. The next RCR innovation maybe? :p

The suspension looks a little 'wooden' and the wheels a bit too small in the pic, you might want to look into that. The body is perfect!

Oh Man that's great... I really need to finsh the GTD and starting saving. Fran why do you keep doing this its not fair... I keep doing no work, just drooling iver potential projects all day :O)

Brett

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Ditto, I've never seen glass work that straight. Nice job Fran. Perhaps it's time for that track day car...

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
I agree with many of the above comments.....
1) Simply not fair: Fran you must space out these projects. Hell I can't decide which one I going to work every day to save for.
2) Body: Looks perfect. (That is aside from the aforementioned forward blind spot and the small openings to climb in through)
3) Chassis: While the body looks perfect, I agree the chassis and tire sizing leaves room for some further development.
4) I think I will have to watch LeMans again tonight also.....:D

TOO FREAKIN COOL....!!!!!!!rockonsmile

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Wow! Wow! Wow! Even the gelcoat looks superb.

Sounds like many of us will be watching LeMans again tonight. :)

OK, someone's gotta do it so I guess it will be me... there is one potential flaw in that bodywork: did the original 917's look that good? Damn, that's some really nice work.

NO they certainly did not.....and thanks for noticing.

One of the things that the replica industry as a whole has to endure is that we are all held to a higher standard than the original cars we replicate....
Better finish, AC, leather interior,flawless bodyfit. etc etc .....

I commend anyone that builds a current replica car....from 550 's to GT40's...the originals wish they had the quality of build that you guys achieve....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
IMHO, not only the originals, but also some of the modern factory produced turnkey minus offerings.

I'd far rather have Dean Lampe's RCR than a Superformance.

Doug

Back