I May Have To Sell My Unfinsihed GT40

I May Have To Sell My Unfinsihed GT40 - UPDATE 9/6

I know it's a shocker. but something has come up at home which may require me to sell my car. The body work will be complete, so all that will be left is the paint and final assembly. It even has an SB100 exemption and the taxes have all been paid. I'll know in about 10 days if this is the path I have to follow.

Needless to say I'm REALLY despressed right now. Almost to the point of tears. I've put a lot of sweat and blood into this build.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Bill D

Last edited:

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Re: I May Have To Sell My Unfinished GT40

Bill,

I, like so many here have followed your build with great admiration for the skill, care and love you have put in thus far. I very much hope we all are able to continue to follow along as you complete and get to enjoy your first drive in her. I wish you strength, and hope and pray for a positive outcome to your situation so you do not have to stop when you are so close.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bill - This is indeed a shock... I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.. If you do end up selling your Forty - It should command top dollar as you've done a stellar job with it...

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
That really sucks, Bill.

The care and enthusiasm you have put into the car is obvious....good luck either way.

Pat

Bill,
I know from what I've read of you, and your project that this must be a serious situation.
Take care and good luck with what you have to deal with.

Best always,

Jack :)

Last edited:

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
This wouldn't, couldn't have come up without compelling reasons. It goes without saying that we're pulling for you and yours, Bill. Every one of us.

T.

Bill
I hope that your situation works out and you keep the car. You have put so much into the build it would be a crime to have to say goodbye. Good luck.

Martin

Bill,
That sucks. I remember I had a similar situation a few years ago and had to put the GTD chassis up for sale. However, I managed to find a way through it and am luckily still (attempting) building. Keep the faith my friend. Hopefully it won't come to it.

Brett

But...but.. are we talking of that beauty u and your son are finishing???.:eek:
Damn it Bill..DO NOT SELL it...just maybe keep it apart for a period..but PLZ dont!!:(
Maybe in some year the son can be even more helpful...will be a big shame for all sell that after all THAT amount of work.

Money and time is really often a big problem in such passion (and here is talking a nut living alone ...but with 3 cars,loving all bmws, cobras,gt40, old porsches...and not even happy with a shop full of smaller ones..)

PLZ save the 40..

Bill,

my very best wishes, keep the faith so that it all ends up with you getting over that situation plus having a car to be very proud of.

All the best,

Marcus

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
This certainly isn't good news, Bill. Here's hoping the situation resolves itself positively and you can retain ownership of this effort we've all watched you pour heart and soul into. Like Dutton said, we're all pulling for you!!

Doug

Bill,

Your build has been an inspiration to others. If the worse happens, maybe you could ask the new owner to contact you in the future if ever HE decides to sell. That way, if your situation changes down the line you may have the opportunity to have the car back.
Hope everything works out OK.
Best wishes.

Simon

Bill,
Whatever the outcome, you have gained innumerable friends and tremendous respect from all those on this forum who have followed your build. We salute you, and realise that this must be a very difficult time for you. Best wishes, we are thinking of you, and I hope the outcome is better than you think.

Dalton

Not only have you put your heart and soul into your build, you've shared every moment with us and are so positive towards other peoples projects it is a testiment to your character. I hope your personal circumstances work out in a positive way.
All the best,

Wishing you all the best Bill, I hope that everything turns out for the best with both your family and the GT40.

Your build has inspired many (including myself) and I hope to are able to continue doing so in the future.

Hey Bill....All the best. Your car build has certainly been an inspiration to me. I hope that it will all work out for you and your family.

Is there anything we as forum members can assist you with at this time?

Best regards,
Scott

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Gee Bill, I truly hope that you get through this without parting with the 40. You and your car build have been true highlights on the forum.

Looking forward to sharing more HIGH-LIGHTS with you.

All the best

Bill H (from OZ)

Back