M6GT replicas?

Hi folks. What a fantastic forum!

While the extent of GT40 projects and info here is just staggering and most impressive, I guess I'm one of the distinct minority that's interested in a McLaren M6 GT replica.

I'm aware of John Arden's (Active Power) offering and not sure if anyone else is doing one (in the UK, perhaps?). Has anyone had any experience with or anecdotal information about Active Power's chassis, perhaps in the form of his GT40 model? I get the sense from his website and posts here that it is still early days for John and there may not be many examples of his work on the road (or in the workshop).

Let me say this about that,
You're correct in assuming we're new to the GT market. We started in this direction 2 years ago by taking on an existing project, the 2D. It got to be much more than expected but the chassis with the Corvette C5 C6 suspension we started designing became more the focus. We ended up pursuing the chassis development first. We've been working diligently coming up with that chassis design that will cover a variety of cars. We've spent time identifying the variations required and have the chassis design finalized. We have it worked out where the main structure is identical for all 4 of our cars. We vary the front track to accomodate the GTR 40 and we vary the wheelbase to cover the GTR 2D. The cowl and side pods change between the cars but that all works with our basic structure.
We are delivering our first chassis next week. We appreciate the encouragment we've recieved from the watchful eyes checking the website for updates. The month ahead will show good progress. We've just started a GTR 40 with Wyer flares that will become our standard 40 package and will be putting together our first T 70 as well.
As far as the GTR M6 just when we were at the limit with R&D work we decided to start something new. I have a way of doing things like that. The good news is it's all getting corraled and our product line is coming together. I have to say that the M6 GT has been my favorite car since 1980 when I saw Denny Hulmes at Riverside. I've been pretty much obsessed with it ever since. Of all these magnificent GT cars I have to say the M6 GT is my all time favorite, even over the 2D. I am commited to doing it right, you can be assured of that.
Thanks,
Chris Ardern
Historic Race Car Reproductions

Back