Spa: Alonso: bad form...or racing up front?

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
OK....so first turn move by Alonso, squeezing his team mate off track...clearly running off line to do so. Bad form....or aggressive driving?

To me...seemed quite blatant..my call ... bad form. :loser:

As a Brit I would like to see Hamilton beat Alonso. However in this instance I think Alonso's driving fell into the firm but fair catagory. Mostly a bloody boring race (again).

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I recon he was trying to do a "Schumaker" and get rid of the opposition whichever way he could.

Did anyone notice the podium champers spray he was left out and could only play with the camera man?
Ian

Keith

Hey Rob, you have highlighted the only bit of "racing" in the entire coma inducing display, at least what the Belgian televisers let us see.

What a shame - Spa always gives good racing, until today :zzz:

And I would have to agree FA vs LH - hard but fair.

Does anyone else think that Hamilton has gone off the boil somewhat in the last 2 races - like his bubble has burst?

Can't really blame him - he fulfills his lifelong ambition and is up there with his heroes only to discover their behaviour is reminiscent of his kindergarten days....what a let down.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Not an unexpected move. Alonso couldn't afford to let Hamilton stay alongside him at that point as it would leave Hamilton in the position to pull the same stunt in the very fast Turn 2.

Hamilton is currently leading the championship, just, so has everything to lose by a nonfinish. Alonso on the other hand has to finish in front of Hamilton every race to win the championship. Expect to see some more do-or-die manoeuvres from him.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Wow... I'm the sissy of the bunch it seems. Guess it's a good thing I never tried to fulfill the dream of racing. I'm just too polite..... :)

It was pretty much a snoozer....agreed. The first 2 laps were the most interesting. This was kinda drivin home when I watched the Sport Bike racing at Luguna in the afternoon. Now that was some good racing.

Ian...didn't catch that detail.

Keith, interesting closing point. That plus his potential involvment with "the scandle" may just have him a bid off his game.

Back