Ron McCall's GT 40

It's on the cover of the October "Kit Car Builder" and there is a wonderful 3 page, detail filled article about it on the inside.

My wife pic the magazine and asked, "Why didn't you build one of these?" (I'm working on a FFR Daytona Coupe).

Nice work Mr. McCall.

Brian Palmer

Fran

Looked in downloads, looked in comments and feedback, where have you hidden it?

Confused of Lindfield:confused:

John

Last edited:

Ron McCall

Supporter
Thanks for the great comments.

How does this look??

Attachments

• KKB MAG2-2.jpg
    KKB MAG2-2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 826
  • KKB MAG3-2.jpg
    KKB MAG3-2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 825
  • kkb mag4-2.jpg
    kkb mag4-2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 822
  • kkb mag 5-2.jpg
    kkb mag 5-2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 843

Ron McCall

Supporter
Very cool Ron! How about an autographed copy!

Pick yourself up a copy and I will autograph it at next year's Run N Gun!!!! If I hadn't already payed my $$ for a NASA event at Summit Point that weekend,I would be there THIS year!!!

How about some update pictures of YOUR car!?!?!?!?!?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Pretty cool! Now - Can you blow the pictures up a little so my old eyes can read them? :)

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Cool man....cool. Gonna havta pick up a copy of it.

So... who ever thought building an RCR would make you famous.....?rockonsmile

Anyone able to format a PDF into a smaller file...as I have the original article but its a huge format...??

I have permission from the magazine to use it.....

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Fran,

Could it be that the file size is somehow related to the horsepower in the car? Time to detune the engine some more, Ron... :)

Seriously, the unavoidable issue with large, full color pdf files is that they're monsters... even pdfs with black n white pics are on the large side! But there are a couple of things you could do right off:

• If the pdf file contains the entire article, splitting the large 4-page file into separate files containing individual pages would be a viable option. This will, of course, require a full version of Adobe Acrobat.

• Given that you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat, open and perform a 'save-as' of the file. When asked to confirm the file name and location, you should see a small box next to the word 'optimize.' Check that box and finish the save of the file. Doing this will make for a smaller file.

If, however, the file has already been optimized, you may well be stuck. Basically, you'd need to get your hands on the source files and I'm sure Kit Car Builder may stumble over that request.

Am out of the office today but if I be of help with this on Monday, give me a call.

Best,

T.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Anyone able to format a PDF into a smaller file...as I have the original article but its a huge format...??

I have permission from the magazine to use it.....

Fran, If you can e-mail it to me I can make it much smaller (usually).

pantera01826-at-rogers-dot-com

OK...here goes..

The original article in PDF. with kind permission of Kit Car Builder magazine...

Attachments

• KCB#33 SEPT-OCT 07p1resized.pdf
    796.8 KB · Views: 517
  • KCB#33 SEPT-OCT 07p16resized.pdf
    902.7 KB · Views: 528
  • KCB#33 SEPT-OCT 07p17resized.pdf
    701.9 KB · Views: 519
  • KCB#33 SEPT-OCT 07p18resized.pdf
    747.3 KB · Views: 508

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks guys!!!! great article!

Ron and his RCR Rocket are getting well deserved exposure!

Back