Chassis Rotisserie

Has anyone made a rotisserie for their chassis? I'm thinking of using two engine stands in order to media blast the chassis, paint it, and use it for partial assembly.

Thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Thanks
Bill D

Gregg
The body/paint man is fitting the body to the chassis. I've removed everything from the chassis. It's just a bare roller. Once he is done, I'll be building up the chassis the final time. Parallel to this he will be painting the body. When I'm done building up the chassis, I'll go get the finished body and have it installed/aligned by him.

Hey Bill,

Go for it.

I did exactly that for my Camaro and SS Chevelle. Two engine stands, some 2x4 rectangular steel, a few square feet of 1/8" sheet, a chopsaw (miter), 6 castering wheels, a few nuts and bolts, and a mig welder.

6 hrs later I had an adjustable rotisserie.

The total materials including both engine stands cost me under 500 bucks.

Unlike Hershal's I tied my two stands together, with and adjustment for different length chassis at the bottom of the stands

Cheers,
Scott

hey billy
at sema last year there was at least one company displaying a rack. if i can remember i'll look for the info at home. from what i recall it was reasonably priced making the effort to build one questionable.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Yep... it's a great idea Bill. I have done it this way before also. The only concern is stability if you actually roll it around. If you tied to two together with a tube bolted between them, it helps significantly.

Just something to keep in mind. The stripped chassis is so light, that it can easily be flipped by two people. For this build, this is what I did. As I figured once I flipped it, prepped and coated, I would have no reason to flip it again. So just flipped it on the chassis buck.

Back