Hello from Cleveland, Ohio

Hi,

I'm Bruce Kading from North Royalton, a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. I've been lurking here for a month or so and decided it's time to say hello.

I've been really enjoying reading the old posts and in particular the build logs. Some really fantastic cars are coming from your shops around the world. And the sharing of hard found information couldn't be better.

I've been a Chevy guy since high school, but have always been interested in the Cobras and GT40's of my youth, and now it looks like I may have to start referring to myself as a Ford guy. I'll be retiring after 25 years in the airline business in one year, and my plan is to start a GT40 build soon after.

I'll have plenty of questions as I plan my car and I thank you all in advance for the information I'm sure you will provide.

If any one is working on one of these beauties (or is it beasties?) in the Cleveland area, please let me know. I would love to drop by.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
It's nice to see you aboard Bruce,
Have you seen any spare windscreen wiper motors from your Boeings ?:)

Bruce,

Welcome aboard!

You are correct in saying this web site has a great group of people and a vast amount of automotive and engineering knowledge. The selection of the various GT40s on the market, from entry level to turn key minus, require a certain amount of research. But once you have started the education process, you will get a better feeling for the level of build you can tackle.

Good luck!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome, Bruce!

You already have a head start if you have been perusing the archives for a month. If you haven't already, make sure you familiarize yourself with the search engine functions--there is an incredible amount of information on this website.

BTW--you would be amazed at how many of our members are aviators and how many bits from airplanes can come in handy on these creations (JIMMYMAC's Q re: windscreen wiper motors was not a joke!).

Retirement looms near for me, too--here's hoping we can both achieve this lifelong dream!

Doug

After checking my email, gt40s.com is always my next stop. Always lots of fun reading.

As far as those Boeing wiper motors go.....We all used to joke that they were pulled straight from the B-29 for use on the 727's and early 737's. Straight cut gears and who knows how may rpm's. They were so loud even on low speed that you couldn't hear anything else! The radio, your co-pilot, nothing. Of course the darn things were only needed close to the ground on a tight and rainy approach to landing.....just when hearing the co-pilot or tower was most important. More proof that Murphy's law is alive and well.

As far as those Boeing wiper motors go.....We all used to joke that they were pulled straight from the B-29 for use on the 727's and early 737's. Straight cut gears and who knows how may rpm's. They were so loud even on low speed that you couldn't hear anything else! The radio, your co-pilot, nothing.

Excellent - bringing the tech in the Introduce Yourself Here! forum. Welcome!

Back